Back to Back Races

Started by nafterclifen, April 26, 2011, 10:38:33 PM

nafterclifen

Can someone give me some guidance...

I noticed that two classes I was going to register for are scheduled to race back to back. What should I do? Register for both and hope they can move one? Is it possible to ride in both if I happen to finish top 3 and need to do post-race tech?

Any help is appreciated. Not sure what to do.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Just let the grid marshal know you have back to back races. Quite a few racers do back to backs.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

f3racer

i did a back to back last august and had no issues other than being worn out afterward.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

2blueYam

This may seem obvious, but I have seen people run out of fuel during a race: make sure you put enough fuel in the tank to run both races if you are riding the same bike in both races.
R1 for Track, FZ1 for Street

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: 2blueYam on April 27, 2011, 02:27:37 PM
This may seem obvious, but I have seen people run out of fuel during a race: make sure you put enough fuel in the tank to run both races if you are riding the same bike in both races.

This, but I know a bunch of racers who only put enough gas in for 1 race because of "weight". I always fillt the bike up full in the morning and just topped it off before each race. Never ran out.:)
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

smoke54

can put fuel and a stand on pit row for refuel or put enough for both races.  i usually put water on pit row as well for a quick drink and motor around the cool down lap fairly quickly
tim. 

f3racer

Quote from: smoke54 on April 27, 2011, 03:06:10 PM
can put fuel and a stand on pit row for refuel or put enough for both races.  i usually put water on pit row as well for a quick drink and motor around the cool down lap fairly quickly
tim. 

yeah, my wife wa standing on the pit wall with a fuel can and my daughter had a gatorade when i pulled in pitlane before the next race.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

MELK-MAN

As some have already posted, it really isn't an issue as long as you have enough fuel for both races. It is MUCH easier and safer to have enough for both races, than to scramble to fill between. Better to be able to focus on getting your shit together to go at it 1 more time, than worry about 1-1.5 gallons of gas. Stop on hot pit road, take a breath or 5..LOL.. perhaps take a swig of water and pour some down your back (feels real nice!).

For all reading, please get your grid positions early on and put them on a small piece of duct tape and stick it on your bikes gas tank. Saves you from having to remember, saves those on the grid from having to wait while you move from the wrong grid position.. :)
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

bruce71198

One would hope that somebody might recognise these conflicts in race scheduling. Don't hold your breath. I contest ULWSB an LWF40. they're on the track at the same time !!

nafterclifen

Thanks for all of the info. I'm going to pre-register and then give the race director a heads up at the track. If he/she could rearrange the races, great. If not, I'll be prepared to do them back to back.

MELK-MAN

they can't switch races around, the schedules are made up before race weekends. You will not be the only rider with back to back races. Let the starters know before your back to back races, and they will often allow a few additional minutes between but ain't gonna change the schedule. Think about it.. if your back to back, and the schedule is changed, someone ELSE is now likely running back to back.. Life is tough.. LOL.. :) It honestly is not that bad. I always have a mw and a hw race back to back.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

tstruyk

What Greg said... and let's not forget that you are the one that (most often) knowingly signed up for back to back races.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"