News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

When did CCS tube the Spotsman classes?

Started by MACOP1104, December 25, 2010, 11:07:28 AM

MACOP1104

I'm not dictating shit.  I'm stating my opinion on how I think the class should be set up.  You don't like what I have to say, then don't read it.  You guys love your big air cooled twins and that's fine.  My opinion is that the lightweight class should have some concession for a racer that can buy a supersport legal lightwieght for a reasonable amount of money and have a level playing ground.  I guess you could say ULWSB fills that need but you all think the SV is too much bike for that class.  You wanna boot the SV out of ULWSB fine, but then you need to level the playing field in LW.    I love supersport racing because it levels the playing field with riders on equal equipment.  That's true for all classes except lightweight. 

banzai1

dylanfan53

Most of us have already raced the antiques that you want to use as an excuse to boot out better machines.  That was then, this is now.  I think we're breaking a record this winter for whiney LW threads...and that says something.
Don Cook
CCS #53

MACOP1104

Quote from: dylanfan53 on January 04, 2011, 10:27:22 PM
Most of us have already raced the antiques that you want to use as an excuse to boot out better machines.  That was then, this is now.  I think we're breaking a record this winter for whiney LW threads...and that says something.

I don't think you understand what I would like to see.  Let me spell it out.

Aprilia cup bikes, Motards, EXs, HAwks, and FZR400s would be in a Sportsman class with SBK rules

Ninja 650, SV650, Duc800 in LWSS (also ULWSB but limited to SS rules)

air cooled 1000s 1100s 1200s allowed in LWSB

everything above allowed in LWGP, Thunderbike, GT Lights.

i listed the class limits, and of course you can raise up for additional classes.