News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What will the GP region look like next year?

Started by funsizeracing, November 05, 2010, 08:42:46 AM

funsizeracing

What do you think the Gp region schedule will look like next year?  With Gateway closing, that leaves only Topeka and Road America for the GP tracks.  I wouldn't mind seeing Hastings back on the region, or Hallet.  Just as long as they don't add Homestead.  Opinions?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

kevinhuff

I think theres not going to be a GP region just a mid west region with one maybe two races at Topeka but i hope I'm wrong

Super Dave

Quote from: kevinhuff on November 05, 2010, 11:52:41 AM
I think theres not going to be a GP region just a mid west region with one maybe two races at Topeka but i hope I'm wrong
I'm not a fortune teller, but that might even be a hard one to pull off.  HPT is more expensive than Blackhawk, and Blackhawk has moved to a one day schedule with larger grids than HPT. 

Just wait until inflation kicks in here in the next three months too.
Super Dave

sasrocks

Quote from: funsizeracing on November 05, 2010, 08:42:46 AM
What do you think the Gp region schedule will look like next year?  With Gateway closing, that leaves only Topeka and Road America for the GP tracks.  I wouldn't mind seeing Hastings back on the region, or Hallet.  Just as long as they don't add Homestead.  Opinions?

GP region, you're kidding right?

funsizeracing

Ok, so I'm hoping we still have one.  I guess what I'm really wondering is if we'll see any of the old tracks back like Hastings, MAM, Hallet, etc...  The only deviation from Blackhawk for the MW that wasn't in the GP area was Road America.  Would be a shame to lose and entire region and have another region dwindle to a two track series.   :wah: 
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

K3 Chris Onwiler

There are rumors...  Hey, Kevin Elliot is a survivor.  Go build your bikes.  It may not be what you're used to, but I'll bet on there being a Midwest series in 2011.  In fact, I'll be betting with my wallet when the licenses go on sale.  No plans for a season effort like my old days but I'll be damned if I go another year without a CCS card in my pocket for when the mood and money agree.
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

grasslander

I don't know how you can make a dime with average grids of 4-10. In the fiscal environment we have now, I don't think the MW and GP can survive unless they are combined in some way.   So, you would probably need something like rounds at HPT, MAM, BHF, RA,  maybe Hastings 'cause it is a great track and owner but a long way from Wisconsin (of course BHF and RA aren't very close to Kansas).  Probably Hastings would be an easier draw for the racers up north than Hallett.  If you could get the track owners (not likely) to pool and share for the good of a series maybe you could make it profitable.

The other challenge: If most races are always 8-12 hours travel, it makes you look beyond a series at your options for variety/cost vs series continuity.

As said, we could be in for some commodities inflation on the horizon coupled with more new charges against energy usage.  It will be an interesting 24 months coming...
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

Gixxerblade

Quote from: Super Dave on November 05, 2010, 03:50:28 PM
Just wait until inflation kicks in here in the next three months too.
Where'd you read that Dave?

gonecrazy

im not gonna say to much on this, As most of you know the mcra has been hosting ccs races at gateway, well now that there closed we have to take our show on the road. tracks we are looking at is HPT,Putnam,Hallett, and Blackhawk. Now I dont know if we will be doing any hosting off ccs races yet but we will more than likely run our little challenge series at the trackdays as we have been on any dates we do secure.

Super Dave

Quote from: Gixxerblade on November 06, 2010, 11:51:12 AM
Where'd you read that Dave?
Well, with printed money being used by the Fed to buy debt...

Pretty much like a racer playing "hopscotch"...getting one credit card to pay off another.  It does catch up.  It's scary, and when as the rest of the world decides to dump their USD's...
Super Dave

motomaniac

I will bet great plains is in the dumpster. 

Depending on what comes out for schedules..  It's gonna be lots of traveling if you want to race and live in the great plains area.
Ex#61

Super Dave

Quote from: motomaniac on November 07, 2010, 10:15:33 AM
I will bet great plains is in the dumpster. 

Depending on what comes out for schedules..  It's gonna be lots of traveling if you want to race and live in the great plains area.
Brainerd!  Had a good time racing up there, Jim.  Maybe it's time for you to make a run up that way again.  Grids big enough to get contingency money.
Super Dave