News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What will the GP region look like next year?

Started by funsizeracing, November 05, 2010, 08:42:46 AM

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Super Dave on November 07, 2010, 10:28:53 AM
Brainerd!  Had a good time racing up there, Jim.  Maybe it's time for you to make a run up that way again.  Grids big enough to get contingency money.

Do they run the 'full course' configuration or the new 'competition course'?

I've raced there a couple times on the full course but never the other one, the full course at least uses turn 1 like it was designed to be used.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Quote from: GSXR RACER MIKE on November 07, 2010, 12:35:39 PM
Do they run the 'full course' configuration or the new 'competition course'?

I've raced there a couple times on the full course but never the other one, the full course at least uses turn 1 like it was designed to be used.
They use both.  Same location, two tracks.  Haven't been on the little course.  I think an idiot designed it for them. 
Super Dave

motomaniac

Quote from: Super Dave on November 07, 2010, 10:28:53 AM
Brainerd!  Had a good time racing up there, Jim.  Maybe it's time for you to make a run up that way again.  Grids big enough to get contingency money.

They've got their 2011 schedule up.. both courses on it..    Looking like it will be a race my own series year.. pick and choose my old favorites for tracks between 3 or 4 orgs...  Have to wait and see what CCS does though.
Ex#61

Jason748

Quote from: Super Dave on November 07, 2010, 12:39:09 PM
I think an idiot designed it for them. 

:biggrin:  Yep, pretty much.   But It's not as-bad as it looks, but there are a couple "don't crash here" spots on the competition course, but no worse than BHF...
CCS MW/GP #82 am
CRA #82 am
07 CBR600RR
Two Brothers Powersports, Lithium Motorsports, RoadRacePrep.com

motomaniac

Ex#61

Super Dave

Quote from: motomaniac on December 08, 2010, 04:04:03 AM
I can already hear the wind blowing..
I think that's what caused the damage to our houses...

Damn weather...
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Super Dave on December 08, 2010, 10:07:00 AM
I think that's what caused the damage to our houses...

Damn weather...
About 2 weeks ago we had a tornado here in Loves Park, Illinois (Rockford area), I was outside and actually watched it form and touch down about 2500 feet away from my shop. I ran back inside and called 911 on my cell phone and they sounded the emergency sirens right away, luckily everyone got below ground in time and no one was killed. A school bus about 2 miles away did get throw off the road and some kids got hurt, but none killed. Here's a link to 1 of the stories with some pictures ( http://www.examiner.com/weather-in-chicago/video-tornadoes-hit-rockford-and-parts-of-southern-wisconsin-injures-six ).

I can look out the window of my shop and still see where 11 massive 200 foot tall metal electrical towers got toppled over about 3/4 of a mile away from my shop (I watched them get taken out by the tornado), ComEd (the local electrical company) has a huge staging area set-up over there and has been working around the clock removing the destroyed towers and are now putting up the new ones.

We actually got really lucky, If that tornado had dropped where my shop is at (just 2500 feet South) the amount of damage caused overall would have been massive because it would have gone thru multiple businesses, an Indoor Sports Complex, and multiple large subdivisions.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96