Results are up from ROC

Started by Gixxerblade, October 17, 2010, 05:52:21 PM

Gixxerblade

It looked like a pretty light turnout. I hope everyone had a good time.

MACOP1104

Wow, turnout was low.   Lets hope it picks up next year at Daytona.

SV88

Well when you piss off most of your customers....And I can tell you most people I talked are not happy.  For most of us, Daytona is quite a stretch (distance & financially) but to go even farther for local track.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

HAWK

The results show that there were 26 riders not from Florida or Georgia.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

motomaniac

It was a beautiful weekend in Omaha.. 3 hours from Topeka.
Ex#61

DougG60

friday practice was open friday morning then split am/ex after lunch. we kept waiting to see more people show but didnt happen. average grid size was around 10 riders. came down from NY with a couple friends only because we had a shot at winning an AM national. as much as i didnt like daytona last year homestead was worse. point and shoot against locals with who knows how many thousand laps. should have been someplace else/better
EX101 Ducati 848

PlayHard

After the last Southeast Round at VIR and talking to everyone there, I was certain turnout was not going to be very good.  Most I talked to were not very happy with CCS.....  What a shame! 
CCS / WERA EX #95

grasslander

Friday, Saturday, Sunday in Topeka was drop-dead-gorgeous.  70-80 degrees F with 50 degree overnight lows.
CCS #413 CMRA #413
G-Baby Racing Endurance Team
2013 ASRA Team Challenge GTL National Champions
2015 US National Endurance Series LW National Champions

George_Linhart

Yeah - Pretty hard to justify such a long trip to what is by most accounts a crappy track.  I understand that Kevin had to make a tough choice - I don't think this was the optimal solution for the majority of riders and that a number of people voted with their dollars and decided not to go this year.

George

ScubaSteve

No matter where it's held your going to get people complaining about locals and track time. A great rider however will pickup a track in practice and be fine for 1st race.
I think a few people got beat and are blaming the track or track time.  :biggrin:

I still say to move the ROC's every year to a different venue that can support it.

Steve

CCS FL

d-wire

Quote from: HAWK on October 18, 2010, 12:20:01 AM
The results show that there were 26 riders not from Florida or Georgia.

So now Fl gets to claim Georgia riders to?  Can't think of a rider from Georgia that EVER comes to Homestead for a regular race.  So take how many were from Georgia and count those as guys that don't usually race down here....then divide that into total number of riders.  

As far as weather, Id say lows in the high sixities....highs in the mid eightees and not a cloud in the sky for three days that the ROC is pretty good weather.  

The track is awesome to ride.  Talked to lots of guys from up north that had a blast, said they were gonna try and come down and ride in December, and also said it was one of the friendliest paddocks they have been in.  

But I don't mean to rain on the bitch fest.  Carry on
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

MACOP1104

I've never been to Homestead but the layout looks cool.  Didn't they have an AMA national there once?