Results are up from ROC

Started by Gixxerblade, October 17, 2010, 05:52:21 PM

Gixxerblade

Great job this weekend Dwyer! I wasn't bitching. Lack of funds prevented me from going.   It looks like a lot of the fast guys showed up this weekend and I am sure there were lots of good battles.

hdpromos

Quote from: d-wire on October 18, 2010, 11:05:45 AM
So now Fl gets to claim Georgia riders to?  Can't think of a rider from Georgia that EVER comes to Homestead for a regular race.  So take how many were from Georgia and count those as guys that don't usually race down here....then divide that into total number of riders. 

As far as weather, Id say lows in the high sixities....highs in the mid eightees and not a cloud in the sky for three days that the ROC is pretty good weather. 

The track is awesome to ride.  Talked to lots of guys from up north that had a blast, said they were gonna try and come down and ride in December, and also said it was one of the friendliest paddocks they have been in. 

But I don't mean to rain on the bitch fest.  Carry on

Sean, "whiners" like that are listed under a catagory called "sour grapes"!

HD

HAWK

Henry, you are absolutely right, I do have a load of sour grapes. As I said in a different thread a few months back, this was a one time deal, we all know that the ROC goes back to Daytona when the track can support it. Most of us understand that as an icon of racing Daytona has few equals. The one chance that CCS had to throw the MW, GP, SW, etc a bone they did not. I hear that you have a load of wonderful grapes though, they moved the race even closer to home for you. I can't help but wonder how your grapes would have come out if the race had been at Topeka.

Dwire, I just included GA as they are the closest to the track that don't live in FL, I appologize.

There were 31 riders not from Florida in the results.

FLAME ON!!!

Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Peter998

Yes the turnout was light, but the competition was great and the track is a blast.

I came down from NY to kick Floridian ass and it went both ways. I will never forget it.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

George_Linhart

Henry/Sean,

Geographically the closest state (outside of Florida) to Homestead would be Georgia.  I believe that the point being made is that there were only 26 riders who chose to travel farther than 1 state away.  In such a tough economy, doesn't it make some sense to hold an event in a location which is easier for more people to attend rather than farther away?

Is that really so hard to understand ????

Just take your prejudice view and vested interests and put them aside for one moment.  At a famous and nationally renown track like Daytona you can draw a good number of racers from around the country.  However, with Homestead we have now shown that you are only going to get a handful of riders who choose to make such a long trip even if you call it the Race of Champions.  To be precise, we now have evidence that only 26 such riders bothered to show up.

Is this really sour grapes, or perhaps is it looking at and coming up with a reasonable interpretation of hard data?  Lets look at it another way.  Given the unique geographical issues facing Homestead (located in a far south east side on a long, narrow state bordered by Water on 3 sides) it takes a lot of time and expense to travel there  Georgia ireally s the only state entirely within a 12 hour drive (although you could make it from parts of Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina).  Just think about the population densities and consider the ability to draw riders to other track in the country in an equivalent drive.  Take a 12 hour radius around Barber and I see that you have Chicago, New York, Washington DC, St. Louis, and Miami, FL..  Topeka has Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and even Southern cities of Dallas, Oklahoman City, Tulsa, and Houston all within the 12 hour radius.

I'm sorry turnout wasn't better; however, this was predictable.

Hate to interupt your self love vest with intellectual conversation.

George

SV88

And I'm not even willing to go back to Daytona... (been there, done that) Texas World Speedway is a far more interesting track with intense elevation changes and the straight on the banking.  I call it the Daytona of Texas.

MidO, Barber, Topeka even Road America are much more exiciting - it would be particularly interesting holding the ROC @ track where CCS doesn't race on a reg. basis so that you don't end up with local favorites.
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

hdpromos

Quote from: HAWK on October 18, 2010, 03:34:09 PM
Henry, you are absolutely right, I do have a load of sour grapes. As I said in a different thread a few months back, this was a one time deal, we all know that the ROC goes back to Daytona when the track can support it. Most of us understand that as an icon of racing Daytona has few equals. The one chance that CCS had to throw the MW, GP, SW, etc a bone they did not. I hear that you have a load of wonderful grapes though, they moved the race even closer to home for you. I can't help but wonder how your grapes would have come out if the race had been at Topeka.

Dwire, I just included GA as they are the closest to the track that don't live in FL, I appologize.

There were 31 riders not from Florida in the results.

FLAME ON!!!

Well Hawk, you just back up what "sour grapes" means. All you can do is "wonder how the grapes would have come out if the race had been held at Topeka". It wasn't and you were not there and you have to be there to have a chance to win! Thus "sour grapes"! Enjoy! :whine:

HD

hdpromos

Quote from: George_Linhart on October 18, 2010, 03:51:58 PM
Henry/Sean,

Geographically the closest state (outside of Florida) to Homestead would be Georgia.  I believe that the point being made is that there were only 26 riders who chose to travel farther than 1 state away.  In such a tough economy, doesn't it make some sense to hold an event in a location which is easier for more people to attend rather than farther away?

Is that really so hard to understand ????

Just take your prejudice view and vested interests and put them aside for one moment.  At a famous and nationally renown track like Daytona you can draw a good number of racers from around the country.  However, with Homestead we have now shown that you are only going to get a handful of riders who choose to make such a long trip even if you call it the Race of Champions.  To be precise, we now have evidence that only 26 such riders bothered to show up.

Is this really sour grapes, or perhaps is it looking at and coming up with a reasonable interpretation of hard data?  Lets look at it another way.  Given the unique geographical issues facing Homestead (located in a far south east side on a long, narrow state bordered by Water on 3 sides) it takes a lot of time and expense to travel there  Georgia ireally s the only state entirely within a 12 hour drive (although you could make it from parts of Alabama, Tennessee and South Carolina).  Just think about the population densities and consider the ability to draw riders to other track in the country in an equivalent drive.  Take a 12 hour radius around Barber and I see that you have Chicago, New York, Washington DC, St. Louis, and Miami, FL..  Topeka has Chicago, Kansas City, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and even Southern cities of Dallas, Oklahoman City, Tulsa, and Houston all within the 12 hour radius.

I'm sorry turnout wasn't better; however, this was predictable.

Hate to interupt your self love vest with intellectual conversation.

George

George, the fact is that you can only guess what the turn-out would have been in Topeka with this economy. I don't think it would have been any better (that's a guess). There were those that wanted the race in Topeka, while others wanted it at Homestead and other tracks. In any case you have to be in it to win it, where ever it is! Homestead was selected for the ROC and the riders that won there are the National Champions! So you can speculate all you want but I say that all those that won at Homestead would have won no matter where it was run!

HD

George_Linhart

Quote from: hdpromos on October 18, 2010, 04:31:00 PM

Homestead was selected for the ROC and the riders that won there are the National Champions! So you can speculate all you want but I say that all those that won at Homestead would have won no matter where it was run!

HD

Point taken (but not one I heard anybody arguing about).

Great to see you got back to the self love fest without missing a beat.  I knew that I could count on you!

George

d-wire

George,
I understand guys were pissed before the ROC and will be pissed now that it is done.  I can understand them wanting their own ROC.  
I understand that there are politics that cause it to be at Homestead.
I don't understand bitching after the ROC that entries sucked.  They would have sucked anywhere.
I would have rather had it at Barber.  I also have driven to Topeka to race and didn't bitch when I got home that the locals whipped my ass.

I don't understand bitchin that the locals went fast. And to be clear, the guys that came from up north and raced (for the most part) aren't bitching that they didn't win.....guys on the internet that stayed home are bitching.  Maybe the guys that raced know something the guys that sat at home don't???

Wherever you have the race....somebody is going to have more track time there.  I consistently race at tracks where people have more track time.  Won't use it as an excuse....Spies doesn't.

I guess its possible to be fast at Homestead and not be fast at Barber or Topeka or Road America.  Doubt it though.
What is a self love fest?  

Just playin devils advocate....don't like excuses....love racin.  Consider you all brothers in this racing thing
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2

hdpromos

Quote from: George_Linhart on October 18, 2010, 05:25:44 PM
Point taken (but not one I heard anybody arguing about).

Great to see you got back to the self love fest without missing a beat.  I knew that I could count on you!

Well George, we agree on something but not so sure I like what you said about "self love"! How about you just speak of your own self love and see if you can keep from missing a stroke! :jerkoff:

HD

d-wire

if you know Henry, you know he is sitting in front of his computer laughing for an hour cause he came up with that little gem.  hahahahaha
Dunlop, Crush Leathers, DCDecals.net, GPBikes Inc, Acme PowderCoating, Sharkskinz, Leo VInce, Bazzaz
FL region #2