Results are up from ROC

Started by Gixxerblade, October 17, 2010, 05:52:21 PM

Team Spalding

Ha ha. Yea that is my buddy Jay.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

Rick Johnson 29

Good fun racing. Congrats on your ASRA Championships Joel. See you all next season.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

PlayHard

Wow, I don't know how many times I looked at that god-awful picture and didn't realize it was JAY.....wow.  He's even uglier sleeping then he is awake, LOL!  Heard He had an adventurous trip home from the ROC.....  Sorry I missed you guys down there and congrads on your #1 plates.   See you next year.
CCS / WERA EX #95

banzai1

f3racer

Quote from: ScubaSteve on October 18, 2010, 11:04:29 AM

I still say to move the ROC's every year to a different venue that can support it.

sounds like a good idea. also with the threat of Gateway closing for 2011 it would have been cool for CCS to throw a big bash for possibly their last race ever. I know, I know, Gateway isnt the greatest track out there but it would have been cool none the less.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

Jack_Brock

Congrats to all the winners!

As to the location, I think more people voted in favor of HPT than actually showed up at Homestead, so it is pretty easy to draw the conclusion that the turn out would have been far better in Topeka.  That was pretty obvious in the poll, but for some reason, CCS chose to ignore it.  Too bad for CCS, because ultimately it is their loss.  FWIW Henry, you come across as a real prick online, but maybe that is what you are going for.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Cowboy 6

Jack,
While I understand your frustration, please keep in mind that Kevin is not getting rich from this organization.

While I also wished for a different outcome, I also realize that there are factors we are unaware of and that, believe it or not, attendance is what Kevin is after as well. Without riders paying entry fees, he will come out on the short end.

I am just saying that as a rider, and as riders, we need to be a bit patient and support the organization and its leadership the best we can. Always voice your opinion but realize that when you ask which way to go, some will say left, some will say right, ultimately, you are going to anger someone when a decision is made.

I don't know Henry so..... LOL!
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

hdpromos

Quote from: Jack_Brock on October 20, 2010, 03:33:46 PM

FWIW Henry, you come across as a real prick online, but maybe that is what you are going for.

Some say that in person, I'm even worse? :wtf:

HD

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Jack_Brock on October 20, 2010, 03:33:46 PM
As to the location, I think more people voted in favor of HPT than actually showed up at Homestead, so it is pretty easy to draw the conclusion that the turn out would have been far better in Topeka.  That was pretty obvious in the poll, but for some reason, CCS chose to ignore it.  Too bad for CCS, because ultimately it is their loss.

i didn't even get to go.. but this statement is pure, 100%, good o' fasioned speculation.. Even YOU have to understand that many people that say "i would rather go here".. would still not go. Is it possible the turn out would have been better? Perhaps. Murphys law may have reared up had it been at Topeka and the weather could have been shit.

Budget and just "Stuff that came up" kept me from attending, I would love to have been there but riding dirt bikes wasn't a horrible consolation.
BIG props to the riders that DID treck across country to have some fun in the sun.
Oh.. and HD isn't ALL that bad..lol.
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

Burt Munro

I, along with most people in the Midwest were disappointed that Topeka didn't work out as a site for ROC.

While not having any inside information, I think it's a safe to say that Kevin has a desireable rental arrangement in place with the Daytona owners (who also own Homestead).

Considering the turn out across the country for races this year it obviously was best to run ROC with minimal financial risk. 

That location must have been Homestead.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

banzai1

sasrocks

Key Biscayne had a great turnout - lets have it in Costa Rica next year!! Partaaaay!