News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roebling it is?

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 17, 2003, 06:20:45 PM

bfkidd

People from Atlanta race WERA. Everybody knows that.;D

I think they should have a S. FLorida versus Mid-Atlantic match race series. One race at Summit, one race at Moroso.

Nevermind, they already have it twice a year, it's call DAYTONA.

MightyDuc Racing

I can't wait to show you northerners some speed on the high banks with my precious Duc...as long as it stays together...lol.  By the way, anybody know what kind of top end speed a built SV has?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

lbk

QuoteI think Roebling is like 19 for me.

Maybe even more Dave, you are further north than me. We drove it straight through in about 18 took us even longer coming home since we weren't driving in the middle of the night. It's a long haul, espcecially when you do it for 3 sessions and a mock race LOL

But hey it was fun  ;D

bfkidd

All I can say is someone was taking a little too much of something (bribes, booze, drugs) when they decided to let 1000cc anything into lightweight.

Hello, 1000cc is NOT LIGHTWEIGHT.

I used to race a 400. There are guys out there on Aprillia 250's. Those are lightweight bikes. Just because the motor is a turd in stock form does not make it a lightweight bike!

Ok, I'm done preaching now.

racer865

My sv makes 85 hp on a dynojet dyno and it was clocked at 139 thru daytona tri oval this spring by ARHMA. ARHMA clocks all bikes at daytona and then lists them in their monthly newsletter.

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks 865.  I was curious about that.  BF...I don't make the rules.  And besides, my bike could only be at best a mid-pack middleweight.  I have to run the Heavyweight classes in WERA...ouch.  I'm still gonna give it a shot sometime though.  If it was liquid cooled, I'd see your point.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

bfkidd

No man, I'm not busting on you. I'm all for taking the rules and using them to your advantage. It is called being smart.

I just think the rule is rediculous. I believe it is new for this year.

MightyDuc Racing

Yep...new this year.  I actually found out about it right before the first round at Homestead.  What a relief to not have to ride GTU as my first race.  GT Lights was fun, and just about as large of a grid.  I just had good timing on getting this particualr bike.  It is a lot faster than a normal SS900.  I know this from owning a SS900FE, and from racing against a few at Homestead.  Smoked 'em on the straights. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

funksouljon

Funny thing about Roebling. It is too far North for a lot of Florida guys and too far south for a lot of SE guys. It is great for me since I live right near the border of GA and FL. NFSMP is even better!

Vernon doesn't live in Mightyduck's route. The bastard lives 10 minutes from me and bitches about carpooling! If he wasn't loading up 8000 lbs of crap each weekend it wouldn't be an issue. :)

Duc. From your location, the drive up 75, across 4, up 95 is usually the fastest way to go. HOWEVER, you might want to check with AAA and find out how much of 95 between Daytona and Jax is still under construction. And consider what times you will be passing through Orlando and Jax cause that traffic can drive you up the wall. Sometimes it is easier to drive up 75 to I10, across to 295 and then north on 95.

One thing is for sure, bring a pillow for your a$$!

MightyDuc Racing

Yeah...definitely a long ways and a lot of crappy traffic areas.  I know the back roads of Orlando, but never driven thru Jax before.  I might just go to Jennings for a track day one of those June weekends instead...not sure yet.  I just don't want to go from Memorial weekend till the middle of July with no riding...that would suck.  How is the mock race on a Sunday at Jennings?  How many laps, etc?  Just curious.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

FUBAR606

Quoteyou might want to check with AAA and find out how much of 95 between Daytona and Jax is still under construction.

I can answer that in real time. I drive it daily to work and back. There is still a heap of construction going on, and will be for the next year or so. They are widening I95 to 3 lanes in places it is currently only 2, and adding a new interchange at I295.

In several places I95 goes from 3 to 2 lanes, which causes backups quickly. Forget about it if there is an accident, even if only minor. If you are hitting it before morning rush or after evening rush, it should be fine. But you take your chances anytime during the day.

By the way, the pavement is not level and there are cement barriers for many miles. So if either of those issues concern you, avoid that section.

As an alternative to that section of I95, you can take US1 between St. Augustine and Jacksonville.

ScubaSteve

The mock race at Jennings is pretty good. there are some racers that run it i didnt go last time but will probably do the one in June. Last race there were a few guys that were running 20s and 21s
Steve

CCS FL