Roebling it is?

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 17, 2003, 06:20:45 PM

MightyDuc Racing

So I will be racing AM Supertwins and Lightweight GP both days...not GT Lights  :(...what about weekend practice sessions?  I doubt I'll be able to take off Thurs and Friday, probably just Friday to travel, then have to come all the way back and be at work Monday morning.  I don't want to have just one session to learn the track before I race, though.  How many sessions are there in the morning?
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

TrophyGal

QuoteHow many sessions are there in the morning?

According to the published schedule, there are 2 short Practice Sessions on Saturday per group and 1 per group on Sunday.

I forgot to mention, too, that we do Registration on Friday night beginning at about 5pm. We stay open until we run out of customers (or until 7pm whichever comes first.)

Registration opens again 7-8:30am Sat & Sun morn.

MightyDuc Racing

Looks like I'm starting from the back...lol.  I might pre-enter.  Gotta re-think it because of only getting 2 practices before the race.  It didn't look like it was too impossible of a track to learn. Decisions, decisions.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

GAMEDIC

It is very easy to learn...and you only have to use your brakes one or two times the whole track ;D it's fast

MightyDuc Racing

Front straight looks pretty long...long run to the line...that's good for me in Lightweight GP, bud bad for me in Supertwins. ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

FUBAR606

It is a fairly easy track to learn. The traction is good rain or shine, but I would suggest avoding the patches if they're the least little bit wet, otherwise the patches are good to go in the dry.

Practice is run all day Friday by the track management and runs $80. Gates open at 7AM and close at 10PM each night. Camping is allowed. No pets.

CCS practices Saturday morning will be enough to learn the track, but prolly not enough to give a high comfort level.

The exit off of I95 is 102 (Pooler), and is about 1.5 hours north of Jacksonville. The track is about 15 minutes from the I95 exit.

I hope this info helps! :)

MightyDuc Racing

Thanks Steve...definitely helps.  The no pets thing sucks though.  In our region, you aren't allowed to camp inside the gates...can you up there?
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

bfkidd

Roebling doesn't have big grids which means...

You will get more practice in the morning than the other tracks and they won't be cut short. Racing finishes up pretty early, and you can be guaranteed to be out of there by about 4pm even if you are in the last race.

It is the most laid back atmosphere of any track. Much different from Florida or VIR/Summit. Most crazies tend not to travel there.

Super Dave

Really, no crazies?  Why is that?  

I mean, the track really has a nice open flow to it.  It is fast, has some fun elevation change.  I would think that you'd get a decent group of racers down there.
Super Dave

bfkidd

They tend to stay in South Florida, DC instead of driving 8-9 hours.

Savannah has the smallest grids of any track besides Carolina which they took off the schedule. There just is not the population base down there that there is in other parts of the east coast.

MightyDuc Racing

You calling us crazies?   :o

;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super Dave

What about guys from Atlanta and such?  I drive to Gateway, that's five or six hours,  MAM is 8, Gingerman is 4.  Atlanta is like 5 maybe from Roebling, right?

I think Roebling is like 19 for me.
Super Dave