News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Roebling it is?

Started by MightyDuc Racing, April 17, 2003, 06:20:45 PM

MightyDuc Racing

Got the okay from the wife to go to Roebling in the middle of June possibly since the Homestead round is cancelled.  Now I just gotta make some money this month to pay for it...lol.  By the way, how far into Georgia is the track?  It's 5.5 hours to the state line for me up I-75, any ideas how long of a drive I'm looking at?  TIA
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Bernie

Roebling is off exit 106 or something.  You could throw a rod, er, I mean ROCK and hit South Carolina from it. ;D

It's a fun track.  Kinda freaky looking pavement.  You have to force yourself to believe that there is traction.

tug296

Roebling is 152 miles from my front door, front door is in Jax.

H.M.   #296  am         Jax. Fla.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Super Dave

QuoteIt's a fun track.  Kinda freaky looking pavement.  You have to force yourself to believe that there is traction.

Um, yes.  I will agree to that statement.

And I always found that there were really great restaraunts in town.  We found a great Mexican place that we visited multiple times.  Wasn't there a few years ago.  But still, good food.

That can make for a happy wife.
Super Dave

GAMEDIC

if you are 5.5 hours to the Ga line on 75 you are looking at about 8 or 9 that is if you go up and get on 16 in Macon...that is the only way i know of

Super Dave

Wouldn't it be easier to take 95 through Jax?  Mighty Duc is from Florida.
Super Dave

GAMEDIC

Yeah it may be..that is why i said that was the only way i knew... i know Vernon is down there somewhere if he can hook up with him..

MightyDuc Racing

I know it's about 4 hours for me to go up I-75 and then across I-4 to Daytona from my house, and I think Jax is about an hour and a half north on I-95 from there.  Wow...that means about 8 hours.  I'll probably have a harder time talking the wife into it...lol.  I saw TreyBone's video, and the pavement does look freaky.  There is traction though, right?  :)  
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

( ;D  Guy in Wisonsin giving directions to guys in the SE...LOL   :D)
Super Dave

TrophyGal

Look forward to seeing more Florida riders in Roebling.  T'will give all the SE riders some new competition.  :P

Remember that Roebling weekends are all TWIN SPRINTS ... meaning no GT races ... but full schedule of all other classes BOTH days.  Double racing ... double everything except the prices.  Enter 3 regular classes on Sat and all the rest are $35 (except purse classes, that is.)

Don't forget .. Roebling runs their own Practice Day on Friday too.  ;D

GAMEDIC

lol..yeah there is traction...well except when your forks bottom out in T2.... i didn't have anymore traction...lol

Super Dave

QuoteThere is traction though, right?  :)  

Last time I was there, it was good.  Wash boarded in a few places, but that might have been the bike.  
Super Dave