New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Daytona

Started by racenrub, September 04, 2010, 12:37:40 AM

Super Dave

Quote from: Lunatik on September 09, 2010, 08:16:10 PM
"I hope CCS will be able to afford"????
Please explain.
Daytona is an expensive rental.  Additionally, from what I knew before, it has additional insurance costs that are unique to the Speedway...but they might be unique to that corporation for their tracks.  That I don't know.

Over time, the CCS Daytona experience has changed.  At one time, we were racing Thursday through Sunday with a practice day opportunity on Wednesday.  It's been whittled down over the years. 
Super Dave

Ducmarc

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Lunatik on September 09, 2010, 08:16:10 PM
"I hope CCS will be able to afford"????
Please explain.

Additionally to what Dave said, in tough times investment vs. return will have a greater influence in what events are scheduled and which are skipped. The lower the turnout of racers for any event (or even turnout for entire regions), the closer to the chopping block they will get. A couple different times there was a Great Lakes Region in CCS, but it was eliminated each time because of low entries for that region for an entire season. In the past some events were held (throughout different regions) that didn't bring in the entries needed to make it a worth while investment, but due to popularity of those venues (by those who did show up) the events were held anyways because the remainder of the schedule for that region averaged out the low entries for that event. But when things are tight ALL events are going to be under the microscope and more focus will be put on holding events that don't financially drag down the entire racing organization. If you've never seen when Kevin has shown examples of the operating & track rental costs for some of the bigger events CCS holds (like Daytona & Road America) you would probably be suprised at just how much it costs to hold those events (and how many race entries are needed at those events just to break even financially).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

tug296

Does it appear that CCS will not be racing at Daytona in March?
I hope this is not the case!
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

Super Dave

Quote from: tug296 on September 23, 2010, 01:41:56 PM
Does it appear that CCS will not be racing at Daytona in March?
I hope this is not the case!
Seems to be the case as per the Daytona press release. 

Happy to say that I went to several Spring events, longer events than they were just recently.  Similarly for Fall. 

Noticed that CCS and AHRMA will both be in the Fall.  Will that be a combined event to save on expenses?
Super Dave

limy_1

I have seen the AHRMA press release and it should be of benefit to both organizations.
It will probably hit RRW in the morning
Roger Preston
AHRMA Volunteer & Monkee
WERA Official

MACOP1104

Well opening race is now Roebling.  I have to say that will keep a lot of cash in my wallet.  Now that I think about it, Daytona once a year is plenty...

Ducmarc

All these years of loyalty you would think the track (all of them) would cut us a break

to keep us going. I cut breaks to customers all the time especially in hard times. If they go out then eventually. I will be out

GSXR RACER MIKE

I would imagine this certainly doesn't mean there will NEVER be another CCS spring Daytona event (or Great Lakes Region, or Barber event, etc), if race entries rebound enough to warrent adding this event (or others) back to CCS's schedule then I think it could be a possibility again in the future (if it wouldn't be a financial loss to CCS).

Plain and simple business:

SUPPLY (race events hosted by CCS)
& DEMAND (actual racers showing up to race)

INVESTMENT (CCS's cost to put on a race event)
vs RETURN (profit or loss based on number of race entries).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Rick Beggs

is there a 2011 schedule posted somewhere?
How do you know Robeling is the first one?
RICK BEGGS
RnRCycles VPLubricants TuckerPowerSports FullSpectrumPower MotoLiberty RSTaichi AraiHelmet EBCBrakes EvansCoolant EVS DIDChains MaacoSterling ArmourBodies LextekMotorcycle WoolichRacing Woodcraft JTSprockets ZeroGravityRacing PitBull Lapking ChickenHawk PodiumMotorsportsPirelli

TrophyGal

"With the new Bike Week schedule, it was agreed that the best alternative was to move the sportsman motorcycle series to another venue and CCS has chosen Roebling Road Raceway to host the opening round of the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic Championship Series for 2011"

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=42067