News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Kim..................................

Started by Woofentino Pugrossi, April 16, 2003, 04:15:24 PM

Woofentino Pugrossi

;D

QuoteScooters, schmooters.  They'll be back again this summer, won't they?  I've got something to show the guy who backed into my bike while waiting to go out onto the hot pit.   I do a good enough job rashing my bodywork on my own - don't need any extra help!

When did that happen? Got the bike number?

Lets see, 500 CCS racers vs 20 scooter girls. YOu do the math. ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Pit_Girl

let's kick some scooter a$$ baby!  ::) ;D 8)

hehehe, wow i'm in a good mood ;-)

-jen
(thnx n8!)

Nate R

Esp if they're leaving the place messy!

Jen, see what happens when you get out of that house for a while?  :-*
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Pit_Girl

not only is it due to my gettin out of the house, it's also all that hangin around with those bikers that ride those darn "two wheeled death rockets" (god my dad is dumb >:()...   ::) ::) ::) ;D

-jen

EX#996

Quotebikers that ride those darn "two wheeled death rockets" (god my dad is dumb >:()...   ::) ::) ::) ;D

-jen

Unfortunately I have seen and heard of too many kids killing themselves in cars.  Get a group of them together in a car, a little speed and no experience.  

Too many deaths, another four were killed in Fond Du Lac just last week.   :'(

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Pit_Girl

the funny thing is... i am a pretty good driver(ask nate).  i dont do anything dumb and i never do more than 5mph over the posted speed, i dont drink and drive (ugghh alchohol. >:().... but my dad, he's a HORRIBLE driver and he drinks and drives,yet he's got the nerve to tell me that i would kill myself on a motorcycle...... and he at one time thought about getting one of those "two wheel death rockets" (well, actually, it was a harley, but he is too dumb to make the distinction between a sportbike and a harley... they're all "death rockets" to him)...  >:(  

-jen

EX#996

Jen:

I'm glad to hear that you understand the value of careful driving.  Keep it up and if you are with a person that you don't feel comfortable with, have them pull over, get out, and call someone to pick you up.  I had to do that once as a teenager and I was glad I did (it surprised my mom and dad too   ;D).

Any vehicle or road is dangerous, your parents...  well, they are just trying to keep you safe.  I have been in your shoes and now I am a parent with a daughter that is heading into her teenage years.   :o  

It is a very hard pill to swollow at this time, but keep telling yourself, "this is only temporary."  You will grow, graduate, move out of the house, take the MSF course, drive up to your parents house and show them how enjoyable motorcycling is.  I did that and now both my mother and father have Harley's!  LOL!!!  They put on more cycle miles that I do!  

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Nate R

Dawn, the GDL has helped things. Teens can't have more than one other person in the car for the first 9 months of their license, and the temps HAS to be a full 6 months, with 5 times the driving hours required. It's better, but not enough. But, it's helping.

As far as Jen's parents trying to keep her safe: That's true, but it's REALLY hypocritical when they drive drunk on a semi-regular basis. "Oh, I'm still a good driver when I'm drunk."  :o

I mean, even her younger sisters think there's NO problem with her parents driving around drunk, even after their uncle got busted last year as he left Jen's parents' house.  It's just sad.

I can understand the parental point of view, but her parents never cease to amaze me, my family, (including my grandparents, who are parents of 5)  and our friends with their unreasonable, irrational demands, drinking,  thinking (or lack thereof) and spending habits.. (not saying that not letting her ride is irrational --- that I can totally understand)

So, what she's saying is not just normal  teen frustration, many people in my family are frustrated, and/or disapproving of her parents.

Dawn, also, that's what I've been tellin' her --- Once she's 18 and moves out, she can take the MSF, etc.  ;D
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

spyderchick

Well Jen, parental point of view here, parents remember what they were like as kids, and I'll bet dollars to donuts their parents (your grandparents) would have had a fit if they had known the stuff your folks were doing at the time. You're a sensible girl and you understand that what makes a machine dangerous is who is riding or driving it, their skill level and their focus on the task at hand. Machines are tools, including "death rockets". But it's cool, turn 18, do MSF, get a tight bike, have it painted with skulls and flames, and put a "Death Rocket" sticker on the tank.  ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

tzracer

QuoteUnfortunately I have seen and heard of too many kids killing themselves in cars.  Get a group of them together in a car, a little speed and no experience.  

Too many deaths, another four were killed in Fond Du Lac just last week.   :'(

As Nate said, they (government) are limiting the number of teens in a car. I don't think that is a very good idea. With the law in place, we have fewer teens in a car, but more cars with teen drivers on the road. If 4 teens want to go someplace, now they are in 2 cars instead of 1. When I was young (yes cars did exist) there was more trouble if there were multiple cars than one car. It will be interesting to see if the law has any affect, I don't think it will.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

EX#996

QuoteIt will be interesting to see if the law has any affect, I don't think it will.

I think the law has been in effect for a few years now, maybe, I can't remember.  I haven't seen any reduction, or perhaps I am just sensative to it being in the insurance industry.

Dawn   :-/
Paul and Dawn Buxton

EX#996

QuoteMachines are tools, including "death rockets". But it's cool, turn 18, do MSF, get a tight bike, have it painted with skulls and flames, and put a "Death Rocket" sticker on the tank.  ;D

LOL!!!

Alexa, I love it!  Too funny!

Dawn   ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton