Bimotas in LW SS...

Started by MACOP1104, July 23, 2010, 09:37:23 AM

roadracer162

Will a 100 hp motor like Ed Key uses work?
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Peter998

This is a response to Racer880
Actually, the 998 bike was not ridden by Barrett, but yes it is the beautiful #998 black Ducati with the 998 single sided swingarm.

It is a 1080 DS motor with stock hypermotard pistons and cylinders.  The crank has been polished, fared and balanced , it has carillo titanium rods, the heads were done by Bruce Meyers, and it has magnesium engine covers. It is a faily low compression engine about 13:1 and I run 93 Octaine pump gas  It also has brembo 4 pad calipers. I run a stock ohlins 998 shock, and the forks were don by thermosman. The frame was modified to fit the linkage for the 998 shock, but I have cracked it 2 times this year. The frame has been cut and an aluminum sub fitted. I will need to reinforce that area for next year.  I have Marchesini mags on it. The single sided swing arm solves the slow turn in  issues of the SS. Tank that is on the bike is an endurance tank and has extra capacity that I never use. I am looking for a lightweight tank that dosen't cost $1300.  I love the bike and is has proven very competitive this year.  

I enjoy racing in the light weight class because It is very clean compared to middleweight, but at the same time I am there to win not just to participate.

Mark your bike might heavier, but you are definitely much lighter than me LOL.
Peter Meringolo 2010 Expert/ASRA # 998
ECS Racing

MACOP1104

Quote from: majicMARKer on October 29, 2010, 08:33:46 PM
Will a 100 hp motor like Ed Key uses work?

I'm a cheap SV rider.  I can't afford a 100HP SV motor.  If I wanted to race 100HP bikes I'd buy a 600.

racer880

Wow, Nice bike. I thought they were the same bike. What was the bike Barret rode ? that was nice also, and fast. I hear you MACOP. Iam in the same boat.Looks like I have to change my program next season. I hate getting motored .

roadracer162

I hear ya. I have enjoyed racing my Duc 800 against the likes of the big Ducati or Bimota. Yes I do get "motored" on the strights especially at PBIR but it has been rewarding to close the gap in the braking sections. I just don't want to get in the way of the faster guys and I don't think I have.

It was also fun racing/riding Marc Miller's "ebay Ducati 748" and give a rider or two some fits. I would like to try Marc's "clunker" 900(his words) against some of those Bimotas and it might just give them a run for the money.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22

Ducmarc

You ready marc? I'm tired of all the bimota shint. Ill put the good 900 motor back together and grind on the heads some more and see what we. Can do.

roadracer162

Let's throw it on the dyno before our outing.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22