News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blue flags

Started by r6_philly, April 15, 2003, 12:40:54 PM

dave333

QuoteMy advice, if you are a lappee, in addition to what litespeed said, is to make sure you leave room in every corner..on both sides.

There is no reason to go outside edge to clipping the apex to outside edge if you are running at a pace that much slower as to be lapped.  Leave a bike on both sides.  In fact, in using the entire track you are using the width of the track as a crutch to reduce the lean angle you should be trying to learn.

Ahhhh, C'mon now!  It is much more exciting, especially in the pits after a race, when a newbie uses the whole bloody track.  Not that I would know anything about that, mind you!  ::)

dave333

btw, fwiw, why does NESBA teach us to hit our marks as though we were running at race pace even though we aren't?  somebuddies gotta get their stories straight...

dave333

Oh, and I DIDN'T notice this was a 7 page post UNTIL I replied to diver's 1st page comment.  probably way  OFF-TOPIC by now...

Chef

Quoteyer on SD .....

Benj.

Count ME in !

(if i can get there, i was planin on tryin to win anyways  :-/ )   ;D
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

MightyDuc Racing

Quotehey Mighty, can i come too?
Benj.

Hell yeah...now you just gotta get me in on that SD deal for the steaks.  I think I might be able to put it to the AM LW guys on the banks on this thing. ;)
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

Whoa...  you'll have to struggle against some of my children there too!   ;D
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

So I'm out on the steak if I win?  I would've taken your school if you didn't live in the frozen tundra...lol.  I think I can get this thing to run 150+ at Daytona if I can get the gearing right.  Now I just gotta figure out how to stay within 10 secs in the infied...lol!
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super Dave

You think it will pull that much mile an hour?

We could only go through the traps at about 149 on the CB750...

http://www.worldmotorcycles.com/Pages/daytona02p.html

That was the old track, before the recent changes.  But the CB750 I rode makes serious HP and is really light.
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteWhoa...  you'll have to struggle against some of my children there too!   ;D

I guess that pretty much answers the question "Who's your daddy?". LOL  ;) ;D
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

MightyDuc Racing

I hope it will Dave.  I've never been there, though.  It ran 150+ on the dyno geared really short.  If it can pull the higher gear, it should be able to do it with my fat ass on it, I hope.  90 hp and 295 lbs...worst case should be upper 140's.
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:

Super Dave

Well, a dyno doesn't mean a whole bunch.  Every time you double your speed, the force that air that you must move through is squared.

The CB750 weight in at about 380 and made 115HP+.

We did a throretical thing on my H1, figuring 85HP and 300 pounds.  It was drag limited to about 142 or so.  
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Hmmm.  Well, as long as it's faster than an SV, I'm good. ;) ;D
MightyDuc Racing
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors: