News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Blue flags

Started by r6_philly, April 15, 2003, 12:40:54 PM

Super Dave

There are some 85 to 100HP SV's out there.

And to put it in perspetive, you've still got to rain on the infield.  Sure it's the worlds biggest dyno, but the 600 Supersport times are what, four seconds off Superbike?  200HP with slicks, $250,000 vs 120HP with DOT's, $25,000.

You didn't go in Spring?
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

A.  Didn't feel like I was experienced enough yet, and B.  Didn't want to blow up the motor...how ironic.  That and the money factor.  I can't wait to race there in October.  If I noticed a pretty big speed advantage at Homestead, even over a few well built SV's, you don't think it will be exaggerated a little more at Daytona?  Just curious.  By the way, I haven't predetermined that I have the race locked up there just yet. ;)  Hopefully by then I'll have some more time on the bike and be fast in the infield.  We'll have to see.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Super Dave

You still have to have it sorted well enough so that you can get out of the infield, through the chicane, and really hold it open braking into one.  There are tricks to it all also.  Gotta be in the right spots.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Yeah, it should be quite a challenge for me.  So far this year I've been riding by the seat of my pants.  Had to learn Homestead Saturday afternoon, didn't get to race at Moroso after getting three practice sessions on Saturday, and I've been around Jennings for about three sessions, but I was so new at that point, I don't remember any of my shift counts, etc.  That and at Jennings I think I was riding the bike through the corners about 3000 RPM's too high...lol.  Did a lot more shifting than I needed to.  Hopefully I'll be able to get some tips from the other racers at Daytona when I get there.  That's been a big help to me so far this year.  I probably drive a lot of the Experts and fast Amateurs crazy..lol.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM