News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

why do races get cut short on laps

Started by bmfgsxr, April 14, 2003, 06:06:26 PM

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteWe have lost practice in the AM though.  How did we loose that?

I personally don't like the 2 practice sessions at all, 3 sessions left more options to morning practice. I often times would go out during 1st practice and identify something that needed to be changed and come back in after practice and make my change before 2nd practice. There were numerous times that the change I made was not correct and needed to be tweaked a little more. This is when that 3rd session is so valuable for those of us that can't make it to Friday practices, or as in my case are only racing on Sundays (except for twin sprint events where I may take Friday off work, as well as Saturday).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Chef

QuoteI think the transponders should be ONLY used for the scooter races.

can we BAN this guy from the board ???
40. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, but powerful beyond measure. We were all meant to shine, as children do. When our light shines, we liberate others.

Super Dave

QuoteI personally don't like the 2 practice sessions at all, 3 sessions left more options to morning practice.

I agree.  I mean, were talking about, what, twenty-one laps vs fourteen laps.  It's an increase of laps, the opportunity to get up to speed.  That extra session was needed.  I know what the track looks like and all, but even I could use some time.  I have no depth perception.  I find it necessary for me to have a bit of redundancy to I can create a rhythm on a track.  I am far from ready with two sessions.  

How can a regular amateur with a minor amount of experience be expected to be reasonably safe in competition?
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quotecan we BAN this guy from the board ???

LOL!  ;D Too funny Chef! Can't stop grinning after reading that (especially after all the time it's taken to get transponders!).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

davegsxrold929r

QuoteDown here we don't race on Saturday....practice all day.  The only school on a race weekend that is actually held on a weekday is the Penguin School in December at Homestead, as far as I know.  The schools on a normal race weekend have a little classroom time Saturday morning, 1 practice with a follow-the-leader format before lunch, one after lunch with a little more freedom, and then they turn ya loose.  Not the safest thing, but I guess it works.  However, I might be willing to give up a little more of my track time so the newbies get a little more time before they are sent into the general population for my own safety.  At Moroso, there was an orange shirt in my first practice session after lunch (his first real session) that swerved across the track twice, almost took out 4 or 5 of us, and then put his hand up and cut back to the inside and pulled off for no particular reason.  I think he just panicked when he must have looked back and saw a big group of us coming.  Whatever his reason was, it almost got really ugly.  Then he went down on his own about three turns later, and crashed in the same corner Sunday morning while I was sitting there blown up.  I feel that if he had gotten a little more track time and maybe a mock race before he was sent out with us he would have been more comfortable and things would have been safer for all.  Just my .02 based on one individual example.

you must be talking about Florida ?? the Mid-Atlan., does have racing on sat. ... not sure about the S.E.ccs ???  

MightyDuc Racing

Florida.  I guess the SE region will run by our schedule at Jennings in May, but I think they are different the rest of the time.  I'm thinking of going to Roebling for the twin sprint weekend since they cancelled June Homestead, but not sure if two practice sessions Saturday morning will have me ready to go racing at a new to me track.  Still undecided.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Bernie

Quotenot sure if two practice sessions Saturday morning will have me ready to go racing at a new to me track.  Still undecided.

Go for it, dude.  I drove my happy ace down to Roebling for the first time last year.  Got there before dark on Friday so I could walk the track and then hit it on Saturday.  It's not super technical.  Lots of fast sweepers and throttle control.  You'll dig it. ;D