News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

why do races get cut short on laps

Started by bmfgsxr, April 14, 2003, 06:06:26 PM

Nate R

That's because Tiff was gettting married that weekend. From what I've heard, they should have them soon. (Either at BHF in May, or RA in April)

Since tiff was getting married, they didnt have anyone to come up here to train people on using the timing.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Litespeed

We have had them for the last two races here in the SW.  And we are supposed to be the region that is losing them all the money  :-X.

Super Dave

I was told that we will NOT have them at RA.  So, I don't think it's a Tiff problem, not that she's a problem.

Hope the wedding went well.  And did Kevin Elliott cry when he gave her away?
Super Dave

Nate R

Ahh. Well, maybe one of the May BHFs.  :'(
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

GAMEDIC

Wll my point is...and i really don't care if we ever get them... all i am saying is that we are paying for them and do not have them... anyone who has spent money to enter a race should  have that $5 per race as a credit to the next race they enter and either stop making us pay the extra until we have them on our bike or keep giving credit...and the simple and smart thing to do would be to stop the extra until we ALL have them then start it back.... right now we are just giving CCS extra money and getting nothing for it..that is unless they are going to give us that credit.

tzracer

Kevin explained in another thread that it will take time to get enough equity to afford enough units for everyone. At the start of the year they said their plan was to have them in all regions by July. The choice was to charge us $5 per race or pay the entire amount up front. Using $5 per race means that it will take time to get all the equipment.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

GAMEDIC

No that was not what we were told...had that been the case i would have rather paid up front and had my transponder rather than pay for something i am not getting to use... they told us that we would have them and that the price would go up for a while to cover THEM buying them...they didn't say we would have to pay for them and not have them...

r6_philly

QuoteNo that was not what we were told...had that been the case i would have rather paid up front and had my transponder rather than pay for something i am not getting to use... they told us that we would have them and that the price would go up for a while to cover THEM buying them...they didn't say we would have to pay for them and not have them...

That is a good point. I would much rather pay for my own transponder upfront and use it at my discretion. If I can't race anymore this season, I would have payed $100 so far in extra entry fees without ever seeing a transponder.

And in my case, I would have paid over $500 in extra entry fees for transponder use, which I am not using, and cost me MORE than buying one.

So the racer who patronize more (enter more races) are paying to cover the racers who race less? When we do get transponders, someone can pay $15 and use it for a weekend, and I have already paid $200 or more? it is not fair. I rather save the $5 in my entry fees and buy my own transponder. it will save me hundreds...

tzracer

In my home region (MW) we discussed transponders at a couple riders meetings last year. We were told that the plan was to have all regions using transponders by the end of July. The up front cost would have been something like $400.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

r6_philly

I believe there are 14 rounds in Mid-Atlantic. If I race 7 races per weekend, that would be 98 entries for the year, that would be $490 per year in extra entry fees. Plus I will use it to race next year as well. So instead of paying $400 up front and use it for a number of years, I will pay $1500 to use transponder for the next 3 years (providing that if I buy one it lasts that long).

I think I am getting a REAL bad deal here.

Plus the fact that I have been paying for a service that I have not yet received. I didn't replace my laptimer when it was broken because I thought I could get practice times from transponder. when is it coming?

r6_philly

besides, I registered for my races upfront anyway ??? So I have already paid over $500 in extra entry fees. Can I get a transponder to keep now??

davegsxrold929r

i was at the last race at VIR last year and they did the same thing ., 6 lap GT races ., i pay $70 to race a GT that is 6 laps., and pay $35 for a 7 lap race !!  they seem to really have a problem !!  the red flags are for safty , but they need to learn to get people off the track better.., Loudon , NH has over 1000 people every weekend as opposed to the volume VIR had the times i am there !! and they never seem to have this problem., VIR seems to be a pretty rinkydink operation as far as i am concerned..
i always take safty first !! but if other places can do it ??!!!!  i would just like to see it improve ., not just complain about it ., is there something we as the racers can do to make it wokr ?? other than just not crash ??!!!!

dave