New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

WERA Racer hits deer in the chute at Summit Point

Started by Xpat2b, June 14, 2010, 10:47:45 PM

Xpat2b

Race fan
Retired MARRC Cornerworker

XFACTOR

wow!  SPEECHLESS........great to hear no serious injuries.

jigs

Holy crap!! Thank God nobody got killed in that one....except the deer of corse,Cristiano DaMatta in a Champ car hit a dear a couple years back at Road America going up the hill into T-6,was in a coma for like a month.....they activlely hunt that land but I've seen Deer up there jump 10' high fences.

Woofentino Pugrossi

We had one in T5 at BHF this year sit near the corner station just watching. Lots of commotion on the radio over that.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

yzfrjim

that was seriously crazy....thank god the rider was o.k...

Super Dave

This has happened at Summit before during my racing life time.

Maybe there need to be more deer hunters. 
Super Dave

crossroads425

holy crap!!!  that was bad.  My buddy hit a ground hog there a couple years ago at a track day when i was riding behind him.  Needless to say i got the ass end of it splattered all over me coming to the end of the front strait.

twilkinson3

For the record -OUCH - and the deer whistle idea doesn't work on a fast moving bike, by the time the deer is close enough to overcome the doppler effect you and it are just as likely to occupy the same space with or without hte whistle....

Cowboy 6

I take it someone hit it first?  It looks like the deer is already on the ground when he hits it....
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

XFACTOR

IDK,  maybe.
I was thinking the deer slipped trying to change direction quickly.......ever see 'em on the road? they hit the pavement with those hoofs and they look like they are on ice.   

apriliaman

One time me and Eric Helmbach almost hit one between turn 2-3.We were side by side at the time.Maybe a foot away!!!!
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: apriliaman on June 16, 2010, 11:12:40 PMOne time me and Eric Helmbach almost hit one between turn 2-3.We were side by side at the time.Maybe a foot away!!!!

Same with me at Road America back when we still used the kink. I came thru the kink at speed and saw a deer run across the track out in front of me going to my left running toward Canada Corner, it got to the left side wall / fence and freaked out darting back across the track to the right just as I got to it. Luckily I was expecting that and I had done a quick look behind me to make sure no one was close and was braking hard when it started running down the track as it was slowly crossing to the right in front of me. I went by it on the left not more than several feet away from it while still going probably 100 MPH, then I stopped for a second on the inside exit of Canada Corner at the Corner Worker station and told him there was a deer trapped out on the track back there. Luckily no one hit that thing!  :ahhh:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96