News:

MAJOR forum upgrade Feb 17.  Let me know if you have problems

Main Menu

Pickin up a new daily driver too...

Started by tstruyk, June 03, 2010, 12:44:40 PM

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tstruyk

2006 Jetta TDI  :thumb:



aint never owned no diesel before!  not as cool as the NSX but it should be a fun car too!  Bringin it home monday!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Burt Munro

Happy Birthday to Me,
Happy Birthday to Me,

Happy Birthday to Meeeee...

Happy Birthday to Me!

- from Him Self
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

yes it is!!   8)

Guess who just save $200-$250 a month on his fuel bill???   :cheers:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

I got one too!

But mine is a '98 and gets better mileage than you will.   :finger:  :kicknuts:  :biggrin:

How many miles?  How much?
Super Dave

tstruyk

78,xxx, auto, fully serviced (transmission, timing belt, water pump etc) $12,000  8)

yeah I looked at the older ones too but for a number of reasons this made more sense.
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

Quote from: tstruyk on June 03, 2010, 05:01:05 PM
78,xxx, auto, fully serviced (transmission, timing belt, water pump etc) $12,000  8)

yeah I looked at the older ones too but for a number of reasons this made more sense.

Seems like a good deal.  Be careful with the auto.  Haven't heard good things about them.  And don't forget to join http://forums.tdiclub.com/
Super Dave

Tornado Bait

Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

Burt Munro

Quote from: Tornado Bait on June 04, 2010, 05:13:33 PM
Farfegnugen.
actually Timmy displayed some Kung Fu Ninja Yoga Pilates skills at HPT in April.  You might have missed it though as he was camoflauged as an ass-packer. :ass: :biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

tstruyk

funny how packer and packee are so close yet so different!

Quote from: Super Dave on June 04, 2010, 05:24:49 AM
Seems like a good deal.  Be careful with the auto.  Haven't heard good things about them.  And don't forget to join http://forums.tdiclub.com/

yeah I was after a manual but with the price I got and service records (original owner blah blah) even if I have to rebuild the tranny I'm still ahead... already a member there!   :thumb:
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

Quote from: tstruyk on June 04, 2010, 08:12:16 PM
yeah I was after a manual but with the price I got and service records (original owner blah blah) even if I have to rebuild the tranny I'm still ahead... already a member there!   :thumb:
Nice!

You got and PD mods planned?  Need tires or anything?

Would like to chip mine for a few extra MPG.  But it would take a long time to get a return as it does so well as it is.  No records with mine, but it came through two enthusiasts.  Will probably have the timing belt done next year by a TDI guru in Madison. 
Super Dave

tstruyk

tires are brand new (<500 miles)

no mods right off the bat, I will eventually.  as much as I drive a chip would pay for itself pretty quickly I would think (I drive approx 4000-5000 per month)

I need to keep the budget tight with racing and buying the NSX... but I'll keep this car for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time (well alot of miles anyway)
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Super Dave

Quote from: tstruyk on June 05, 2010, 02:28:53 PM
no mods right off the bat, I will eventually.  as much as I drive a chip would pay for itself pretty quickly I would think (I drive approx 4000-5000 per month)
Holy beans!  She's gonna be shot in a year...LOL! 

You're only gonna save $250 a month in fuel costs?  What were you replacing, Timmah?

And VW means , right?
Super Dave