Hands down Best gloves and Back/shoulder protection

Started by kam1996, May 31, 2010, 06:59:33 PM

dabirk23

Quote from: Speedballer347 on June 01, 2010, 03:41:00 PM
Anyone remember the gloves with the rivits in the palms? 

I've still got my old Fox Track Paws, circa 1986 :)
Dave

Without a sense of humor one is destined to be miserable

dylanfan53

+1 on Greg's padded shorts comment.  There's a real difference landing with and without them.  I have pics of my hips and legs after a fall (which I will not share no matter how much you beg...) that look like they were spray painted purple before I got a pair.     
Don Cook
CCS #53

Speedballer347

Quote from: dabirk23 on June 02, 2010, 07:28:50 PM
I've still got my old Fox Track Paws, circa 1986 :)

That's Them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They were like only $35 bucks or something LOL. 

I had a pair of Spidi's that were paper thin and not one peice of padding in them, had rivits though....they were the Cat's Ass cause Spencer used them.

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

varmitCONG

You can still get studded palm gloves from KOBE.
http://www.kobeusa.com/gloves_pro_racing.html
I bought a used pair that a dude gave up for a new set.  Tested them on a 100+ low side crash onto the studs.  Worked great.  No heat.  Has a layer between the studs to stop that and they don't tend to grab like fabric or leather.  These are outstanding gloves that work.

tug296

I still have the pair with rivits in the palms that I did my first roadrace in 1981,  they look like a pair of brown dried ears now.
Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

funsizeracing

I've been considering a chest protector for awhile. Honestly, I'm not sure if  men's or women's would fit better.   Any women use one?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

benprobst

Quote from: funsizeracing on June 08, 2010, 07:55:39 PM
I've been considering a chest protector for awhile. Honestly, I'm not sure if  men's or women's would fit better.   Any women use one?

I think we will have to see some pictures to determine which chest protector will serve you best.

:biggrin:
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

tstruyk

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

funsizeracing

Boobs? Where? 

No really, my sternum (not boobs) gets sore from laying on the tank, especially on a rough track.   Hey Tim, our boobs are the same size, which one do you use? :kicknuts:

Actually, I don't think I've ever seen a ladies chest protector.  Anybody?
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Team Spalding

You Great Plain guys and girls are out there. Free beer parties and booby talk. Just decided I am coming this weekend to Gateway.

I got a buddy with pretty big cans and he wears a mens medium Forcefield chest protector. Something everyone should wear. I think the Forcefield back protector and chest combo is best and it is very comfortable. It is also CE level 2 certified.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

Super Dave

Quote from: funsizeracing on June 09, 2010, 08:29:34 PM
Boobs? Where? 

No really, my sternum (not boobs) gets sore from laying on the tank, especially on a rough track.
Honestly, the easiest thing for a rough track for things like that, very common at Daytona, is to tape a maxipad to the tank where you need it. 

Never used a chest protector myself, so I can't help there. 

Gloves?  Getting a set that fit better is usually my problem as I have long fingers with hyperextendable joints.  Vanson was able to make me a custom set a few years ago.  Actually had rivits in the palms, which I don't mind.  Only had problems with rivits back years ago with the old Lockhart gloves, if I remember correctly.  Helds are great, but they don't fit me well.  I had good luck with some of the Technik gloves.  Fit and interior stitching are important. 
Super Dave