News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

DAYTONA FUN! WHO HAD THE MOST!

Started by MELK-MAN, March 01, 2010, 09:24:06 AM

MELK-MAN

3 days .. 2 sun/1 rain. Not bad averages i guess. Even though the turnout looked light, some of the grids actually were large enough they had to be split. I will say this about the pavement. The west banking during the rain races on Sat. were murder on my fingers and paint. If you were drafting anyone there was gunk kicking up big time. Glad i waited on getting the bodywork painted! Was cool to see some national and pro riders on hand. As usual the FBC (Florida bikers club) cleaned up in the rain sprint races. Can't wait till October!
2012 FL region & 2014 South East overall champion
Pro Flow Tech Performance Fuel Injector Service
MICHELIN, EBC, Silkolene, JenningsGP, Engine Ice

catman

Let the season begin!

Xpat2b

Wow, I wondered why the bikes that didn't crash still looked all beat up!  

Congratulations to CCS Expert #347 Brett Singer and Amateur #400 Roberto Obscura - winners of the SkinandLeather Pot Luck Contingency prize in the Formula 40 Race Sunday here at Daytona International Speedway!!!  

Each of them will receive $125 cash for placing *11th* in the Formula 40 race on Sunday. (yes, you read that right) :biggrin: 

We all know the winners are great; and as they should, they get most of the glory and prize money....I wanted to do something a bit different and show some appreciation for the rest of you who go out there and try...so a big THANK YOU for a great weekend.  

P.S. The internet connection here at the track is not strong enough to upload my pics and I'm staying through the AMA festivities so your pics will start going up sometime next week....

Race fan
Retired MARRC Cornerworker

zeroice

I think I had the most fun! I ran the Team Challenge in that crazy wet stuff!!!
WHOOOAAA! What a challenge! I mean, I was dreading going to Daytona... Same old track same old thing: WOT most of the time. Well, this time is was different and much more interesting! Thanks mother nature for taking a crap on us that day! (I'm not being sarcastic)!
Krishna A. Pribadi
CCS #707

chaplain220

Had a blast.  Weather did everything to us but snow, and on Sat it sure felt like snow was not far off!  Excellent battles, Helmbach vs Cotterino and Every vs Mavro to name a few that kept us on the edge of our seats, and Melk-Man, you were definitely putting on a great show out there.  Kern's new BMW sure did look spiffy.   And at the final checkered flag, all racers present and accounted for...a great weekend!

MELK-MAN

Quote from: chaplain220 on March 01, 2010, 08:38:25 PM
   And at the final checkered flag, all racers present and accounted for...a great weekend!

No matter what, when this is posted you know it was a good weekend!

tug296

Henry Madsen CCS Expert #396 
2004 Am. Super Twins Champion
Florida Region,  
Moto ST #96, Corvette #6, Patriot Guard Rider

smoke54

still having a great time with the AHRMA dudes!!  podiumed yesterday in Sound of Thunder and ran a best of 2:00.07.  still shooting for a sub 2 lap as my goal but it looks like it might be a little bit wet today:(
WOOHOO!:)
tim

Cowboy 6

Quote from: chaplain220 on March 01, 2010, 08:38:25 PM
And at the final checkered flag, all racers present and accounted for...a great weekend!

Quote from: MELK-MAN on March 01, 2010, 09:18:47 PM
No matter what, when this is posted you know it was a good weekend!

+1 on that Greg. We were pitted just across the lot from you. I never stopped over to say hello, sorry. It was a crazy weekend...
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

Xpat2b

I managed to get a few small sized photos from the weekend uploaded to Facebook.  Here's a link:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=150808&l=9b06614417&id=179589104206

Enjoy!
Race fan
Retired MARRC Cornerworker

MELK-MAN

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on March 02, 2010, 09:08:34 AM

+1 on that Greg. We were pitted just across the lot from you. I never stopped over to say hello, sorry. It was a crazy weekend...

TELL me about it, every time i thought i would have a few minutes to relax or "mingle", something would come up. Wind affecting gearing, tire choice as it got too hot for the Michein "A" rear, bike issues turned out to be simple but took too long to figure out, etc. TYPICAL Daytona gremlins. LOL. Still had a blast.

djduc748l

Considering I HATE riding in the rain, let alone race in it, I have to say I had a freakin BLAST racing in the TC GTU race on the 848! My Gsxr1k developed clutch problems, which was a damn shame cause it felt real good, so I rode the 848 with Fania Jr., who I can't thank enough for risking riding in that crap for us, and managing a 2nd place GTU and 6th overall was WAYYYYY more than I expected...and talikng about FUN, try riding the banks with a blown rear shock! Boy that was fun...like riding a bucking bronco at 160mph!!! LOL, like someone said, the best part was we all drove away at the end of the weekend! Those middleweight races we're a blast to watch, Great job Melk-man!
Remember...have fun and enjoy every second! Life is to precious to take for granted!