Bridgestone 2010 Contingency payout

Started by skiandclimb, February 08, 2010, 09:18:51 AM

stickboy274

I hope the Bridgestone payouts are good. I didn't set the limits, but I did a lot of research and asked for a bump in it. Theymoved around some funds and allocated them to the racers. I'll have my crew at RRR and CMP. It will be me, or Josh there to help out anyone who needs it.

Go out and get a lot of those Certs. I want people to be getting thier tires paid for by Bridgestone.

Stickboy Racing 803-413-0721
Bridgestone/Dunlop Tire Rep.
www.stickboyracing.com
FB: Stickboy Racing

Sklossmonster

Quote+1  on  trackside support.... look forward to a more supportive season from the stone vendors.

Those of you in the Midwest can now rely on Turn One Racing for comprehensive trackside support from a full line of Bridgestone race tires to the invaluable services of our very own Joe Denowh, certified motorcycle mechanic, suspension technician, and engine builder. 

We also stock a complete inventory of brake pads, levers, tire warmers, sprockets, and all manner of high performance parts and accessories, and we're at every CCS Blackhawk, Road America, and Gateway event.

Look for the Turn One Racing flags in the pits, visit our website for a complete description of what we offer, and feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.  We're happy to help.

www.TurnOneRacing.com
Bridgestone Vendor and Midwest Trackside Support Team
Complete  Race and Track bike preparations, modifications, and repairs

backMARKr

Quote from: Sklossmonster on February 16, 2010, 02:21:40 PM

It should be a good year for club racing this season.  The economy is finally starting to show some signs of recovery,

that is some funny shit right there..... :err:
NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Sklossmonster

Quote... starting to show some signs ...

I'm not saying we're out of the woods yet, but I've had an unusually large number of friends out of work due to this depression, and the job opportunities have definitely picked up in my little corner of the world.  But I'm also in Chicagoland, where 2010 budgets and the optimism of Spring have both been renewed.

A lot of the indicators going on right now are just that, indicators.  It won't really affect most of us for a while yet, assuming it continues to improve, but it seems like it's already bottomed out and is on the upswell.

Holy crap, am I being an optimist here?  Never thought I'd live to see the day.  Oh well, never say never!
www.TurnOneRacing.com

backMARKr

Quote from: Sklossmonster on February 19, 2010, 08:55:24 AM
I'm not saying we're out of the woods yet, but I've had an unusually large number of friends out of work due to this depression, and the job opportunities have definitely picked up in my little corner of the world.  But I'm also in Chicagoland, where 2010 budgets and the optimism of Spring have both been renewed.

A lot of the indicators going on right now are just that, indicators.  It won't really affect most of us for a while yet, assuming it continues to improve, but it seems like it's already bottomed out and is on the upswell.

Holy crap, am I being an optimist here?  Never thought I'd live to see the day.  Oh well, never say never!

sure am glad Chicagoland has their budgets renewed....that is, of course, the only important part of Illinois....

Not trying to kick you Marshall (as I don't even know you) so please don't take it as personal attack....but things have not bottomed out in Illinois.

Be happy that Spring is coming and new race season....for sure.

Good luck this season and with the Bridgestone effort.

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Noidly1

Chicagoland = OBAMALAND
He's takin caya his brothahs in da hood...
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

benprobst

Quote from: Noidly1 on February 20, 2010, 05:21:43 PM
Chicagoland = OBAMALAND
He's takin caya his brothahs in da hood...

You sound like a bigger tool than usual here Noid, congrats.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

Noidly1

'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

Sklossmonster

Skloss; Correct me if I'm wrong, (shut-up Ben...), But from what I have heard is that the Stones that the GP guys are running are from a differrent division than what the club level has access to and are developed by the Indy car division. The ones we have access to are from the street tyre division.

Of course the tires at the Moto GP level are not what anyone has access to, but my understanding is that just like every manufacturer in the motorcycle industry the lessons learned trickle directly down into the products available to the racing community.  I've wondered why the slicks come packaged so differently than the DOTs, and why the compound codes and tire terminology is different from the slicks to the DOTs.  I'll find out and get back to this thread with what I learn.

Just wanted to let everyone know what I learned regarding this question.  All Bridgestone motorycle race tires are made in Japan, and although the slicks and the DOT's come from different departments they do both come from the same division, motorcycle race tires.

The new Type 3 DOT front has been designed to share the same profile as the slick front, for smooth transition between slicks and DOTs.  Joe and I have been running them at the last few rounds and although we're both still getting back up to speed (and working more than riding), we've both gotten down into the :12s on them now at Blackhawk and they still look and feel great.

With the contingency program they have and the support TurnOneRacing now provides Bridgestone riders in the Midwest region, I'm suprised more riders haven't tried them yet, but with the lap times I know are capable with these tires I'm sure that will change soon enough  :biggrin:
www.TurnOneRacing.com

Mike829

I saw Marshall do some amazing things on the Bridgestones this weekend, as well as at the first three Motovid trackdays, those tires flat out work!
Mike #829EX
Madison Sportbikes Racing

Sklossmonster

Thanks for the props, Mike.  If this is Mike Ayers on the other Honda 1000rr, you were looking good out there  :cheers:  Can't wait til next time!
www.TurnOneRacing.com