CCS, Pirelli Team Up To Create A National Spec Class For 2010

Started by hernan52, December 01, 2009, 06:31:34 PM

J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp

Speed Tech Motorsports / Pirelli / Arai / Silkolene / Kawasaki USA / Farrell Sign & Graphics / Hindle / US Chrome Cylinder Plating / Vortex / Dynojet / Tucker Rocky / Penske / VP Fuels / Woodcraft / Attack Racing Bodies / Stompgrip / EBC / NESBA / Plus my kick ass guys back at the shop

red900

Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

CCS

Quote from: motomaniac on December 03, 2009, 12:57:57 PM
I agree and..

What ever happened to Unlimited GP? End of day big race for cash, run what you brung.. it got moved to the middle of the schedules and that seems to be the end of the cash purse races that everyone could enter.

Just some input.

We tried to move the race because turnouts were growing smaller and a vocal few said they weren't staying until the last race just to run for the purse. Coupled with the "idea" to run it sooner before all the "spectators" left, since it was the feature race, so we did and the further decline in turnout was proof positive that no good deed goes unpunished.  : :banghead:

Quote from: JBraun on December 03, 2009, 01:10:28 PM
Probably to CCS. I promise they didn't add this class for free. But I would be really pissed if I found out that Pirelli was trying to turn a profit. It's almost like they're in business for the money...

The "guaranteed" purse comes from Pirelli. CCS only gets the percentage of entry fees not paid out to the riders. If and when new sponsors are signed, we'll update what has been added to the "guaranteed" purse. (This is more money for this one class than Pirelli averaged in contingency payout in 2009 for Expert Middleweight SuperSport, so obviously they are trying to help our sport as well as expose new riders to their product.)

As we said before, it is a "Grand Experiment", who knows, it might even catch on!  :biggrin:
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

Firecat

Quote from: J Farrell / Speed Tech Motorsp on December 04, 2009, 02:54:41 AM
I'm all in!  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

LOL...You really should have to sit out every other race in this series, or for the Midwest Region...they would have to rename the race. 

Jason Farrell's Pirelli race for second place  :)

Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

JBraun

Quote from: CCS on December 06, 2009, 11:16:58 AM
obviously they are trying to help our sport as well as expose new riders to their product.)

I hope the sarcasm wasnt overlooked. I really hope CCS and pirelli turn in record profits every year. Unlike most, i understand that profit for CCS or Pirelli means more contingency, purses, and better events.
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Super Dave

Quote from: JBraun on December 06, 2009, 01:13:18 PMUnlike most, i understand that profit for CCS or Pirelli means more contingency, purses, and better events.
Agreed.  It's not easy.
Super Dave