News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS, Pirelli Team Up To Create A National Spec Class For 2010

Started by hernan52, December 01, 2009, 06:31:34 PM

hernan52

You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.

Gixxerblade

Garywc

it also says they want other sponsers like body work and suspension and so on
so who is going to build a spec bike with $100 entry and knot know what the payout is going to be over 300 till the grid is posted

the tire company is the one who makes out on that deal because if you have to use the spec tire and the payout is only half the entrys wheres the tire companys money going?

CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Eye-p

I dont think Pirelli is going to use a "spec" tire, rather you must run Pirelli DOT's to enter- or at least to collect purse.
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

LMsports

That is correct. There isn't a special spec tire, but rather Pirelli DOT's must be used. In a time when most contingency opportunities are being cut back from manufacturers and purse money is getting scarce, it is nice to see another opportunity to earn a couple of bucks and enjoy a longer race.
Rob Oliva
Lithium Motorsports, Inc.
Suspension Solutions
712-546-7747
www.lithiummotorsports.net

Chris G.

Now for that 600 I needed.....hmmmm

They're trying something new- for those that ever saw in Canada the SV cup stuff...sponsored by Diablo.....Pirelli that is.... was very popular...

Hope this catches on and gets the support and sponsors it needs.
Chris G.
CCS/WERA #35

Thanks RoadRacePrep.com!

mikendzel

Kudos to CCS for working to stay ahead of the game with opportunities for the racers!

Garywc

ok so its not a "spec" tire its still a certian brand of tire which alot of people dont use.
if the tire company isnt benafitting from that ,why have the everyone use a "dot certian brand tire"
why not just pay contingency? and like some one else said if you can use a differant tire and not collect a purse its just like contingency then.
just my thoughts, i dont see any racer benifiting from it
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

tstruyk

of course it benefits the tire company, do you think any contingency is paid out otherwise?  Does michelin, dunlop, bridgestone benefit from offering contingency?  yup, if they didnt they wouldnt offer it!

at least someone is trying to think out of the box instead of whinning about the economy...

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

racerhall

so riders who have contracts with other tire companies will not be racing in this class so the entries will be even worse, great idea
Midwest ccs #69
asra #69
ama #66
www.schaumburgaudi.com

Garywc

Quote from: racerhall on December 02, 2009, 04:41:02 PM
so riders who have contracts with other tire companies will not be racing in this class so the entries will be even worse, great idea

thats one thought i had too
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776

2old2fat2slow

Had a discussion with one of my business associates today and he pointed out an interesting theory. None of the "Bounty Hunters" are going to want to have to completely change the set up on their bikes just to run this one race in a weekend. This should open up a lot of opportunities for the rest of the paddock. I realize a lot of the rest of us mortals are going to feel the same way so maybe they will switch to Pirelli to avoid the set up changing back and forth? I doubt it. But maybe.
   If any of my Team Continental riders want to participate in this series, I encourage them to do so. I'm sure some of the other tire guys won't feel the same way as was stated a few posts ago.
   I think it will prove to be interesting and I am anxious to see how it goes. Heck, I might even buy some Pirellis and give it a shot myself.
Thanks to:Lithium Motorsports, Vondari Racing, Continental Tires of North America, Absolute Cycle, RaceConti,Next Level Motorsports, Mize Mobile, Vortex, Woodcraft