News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

CCS, Pirelli Team Up To Create A National Spec Class For 2010

Started by hernan52, December 01, 2009, 06:31:34 PM

Graham

I am thinking you have to run pirelli to enter the race seeing you have to post tech to enter.Maybe they will pay tire contingency and purse, plus maybe the tires will be discounted ? Then you could win a little money.Maybe Dunlop,Michelin, Bridgestone, tire contingency will be less of a pay out per class then running this one race?If you dont have a tire contract it may be for you.I guess do what benifits you the most.

SV88

Great News.  Now I'm really going to have to prep that 09R6!!
Fastsv650/SVR6/Steve sv23
09R6rdrace,13KTM250xc enduro,03SV1000N, 99-02 sv650 project
ret. CCS MW/FL/SE 88  Moto A SSP 881

Eye-p

Quote from: racerhall on December 02, 2009, 04:41:02 PM
so riders who have contracts with other tire companies will not be racing in this class so the entries will be even worse, great idea

Im sure that the 99% of riders in the paddock are just weeping for the "riders who have contracts with other tire companies".
Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com

benprobst

Quote from: 2old2fat2slow on December 02, 2009, 06:25:08 PM
Had a discussion with one of my business associates today and he pointed out an interesting theory. None of the "Bounty Hunters" are going to want to have to completely change the set up on their bikes just to run this one race in a weekend. This should open up a lot of opportunities for the rest of the paddock. I realize a lot of the rest of us mortals are going to feel the same way so maybe they will switch to Pirelli to avoid the set up changing back and forth? I doubt it. But maybe.
   If any of my Team Continental riders want to participate in this series, I encourage them to do so. I'm sure some of the other tire guys won't feel the same way as was stated a few posts ago.
   I think it will prove to be interesting and I am anxious to see how it goes. Heck, I might even buy some Pirellis and give it a shot myself.

Bounty hunters couldnt give a rats ass about 300 bucks.

What doesnt make sense to me is putting less money in it than their normal contingency.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

red900

Maybe because the grid will be smaller and the payouts will be a purse, not a contignecy.  "Abird in the hand is better than two in your bush....."
Dustin Boyd
Cyclepath Racing LLC
Midwest Race Supplier

Team Spalding

Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

ahastings

so its another race added into an already crowded schedule that only a slect few riders can enter. Why doesnt Pirelli just offer an increased contingency in the MW SS expert or pay the top 5 Pirelli riders in that class, would do the same thing.
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

motomaniac

Quote from: ahastings on December 03, 2009, 11:02:31 AM
so its another race added into an already crowded schedule that only a slect few riders can enter. Why doesnt Pirelli just offer an increased contingency in the MW SS expert or pay the top 5 Pirelli riders in that class, would do the same thing.

I agree and..

What ever happed to Unlimited GP? End of day big race for cash, run what you brung.. it got moved to the middle of the schedules and that seems to be the end of the cash purse races that everyone could enter.

Just some input.
Ex#61

JBraun

Quote from: Garywc on December 01, 2009, 09:30:05 PM
the payout is only half the entrys wheres the tire companys money going?

Probably to CCS. I promise they didn't add this class for free. But I would be really pissed if I found out that Pirelli was trying to turn a profit. It's almost like they're in business for the money...
ASRA/CCS MW #29
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
PIRELLI

Garywc

it looks like the same payout as the ASRA races
but now they want to add more sponsers whos products you have to use to race this race so that makes the field even smaller.
most of our bikes are built with the parts we like and have it that way for a reason.

dont get me wrong i have only raced pirelli till last year and tried the donflop ama spec junk
I might still run pirelli in 2010 too we will see what happens
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Team Spalding

Dustin, your Karma was slightly out of balance so I bumped ya up one.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.