News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Crashin...

Started by Super Dave, April 07, 2003, 05:41:51 PM

Super Dave

First off, K3, thanks for your help.  Tore it apart, threw it together, done...then I go ride.  Thanks a million.  (Yes, it is hard for me to do everything...LOL!  I would probably be a faster rider if I would only concentrate on my riding... ;D)

Anyway, this weekend at Blackhawk...which we shouldn't have anyway because it just is pretty cool consistently...too cool to be racing and pushing to do anything without falling down...

So, people crash and they fell.  I tossed my pretty new bike down the road pretty good.  Others did the same, but are injured....

I'm lucky, I guess, but I have to say that my leathers, Vanson's, are awesome.  I have to give them credit for always protecting me.  For those of you that don't have Vanson's, or maybe a really good Japanese manufacturer of leathers, or a real American made set by like Bates or Z... you might get injured when you wouldn't with something like the previous examples...

Thanks for the help, K3...

And Tom Laning, Dave Vaughn, Joe, Andy, Paul, Russ, and everyone else.  I was just spinning around too!

http://www.vansonleathers.com
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

So I said to Dave, "Are you OK?"  "Oh yeah," he said.  "I'm fine."
Great.  Like we could even TELL if he had a head injury...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Steviebee

stumpy

as I was on my way back to my pit on my xr50 I was joking with Dave yelling "I'm getting a bad head shake on this thing". He threw down his tools that he was using on his bike to give a hand when I had to tell him I was just joking! What a guy ;)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

EX#996

QuoteSo I said to Dave, "Are you OK?"  "Oh yeah," he said.  "I'm fine."
Great.  Like we could even TELL if he had a head injury...

LOL!!!   :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

I wish I had a camcorder in the corner station when that happened Dave. That was a WILD barrel roll your Yammie did. :o

BTW I like the "I slipped" comment you made when I got to you. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Yeah, I got a couple of shots of it doing a "dance".  Brent Wyffles (sp) said it tumbled eight times.  Not sure if it did that many, but it makes a good story.

Rob, do you need to buy any gearing for your R6?  I've got some that I ordered for the '03, but they sent previous stuff.  So, I have to ship it back, or sell it.

And I did slip...LOL.

Actually, I think that as the weekend went on, the rear shock finally got some heat in it.  When I tossed it in there, the left before four, it compressed, but rebounded to fast, way too fast, and launched the tire free...  Weeeeee!  The Rodeo is on!
Super Dave

tigerblade

But...but...you're Super Dave...

I thought you were invincible?   ???

;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

oldguy

And a riding school instructor, for Gods sake!  :o

Super Dave

And, yes, instructor...

I've got to give my students the FULL picture of road racing right?  LOL!

(Whoops?!!!  I slipped!)

Invincable?  Maybe?

Well, after wadding my pretty bike, I did ride it away, got some quick help, parts, and managed to make Sportbike...

Did lead for two or three laps.  I thought it went ok.  And I was just getting a good feel for the bike.  
Super Dave

tigerblade

Do you have some before and after pics?
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

chris_chops

Dave, your killing me!  You practically post essays on other posts and now we don't get to read the details of the crash.  What happened?
 ???

Matt