News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Crashin...

Started by Super Dave, April 07, 2003, 05:41:51 PM

Super Dave

First off, K3, thanks for your help.  Tore it apart, threw it together, done...then I go ride.  Thanks a million.  (Yes, it is hard for me to do everything...LOL!  I would probably be a faster rider if I would only concentrate on my riding... ;D)

Anyway, this weekend at Blackhawk...which we shouldn't have anyway because it just is pretty cool consistently...too cool to be racing and pushing to do anything without falling down...

So, people crash and they fell.  I tossed my pretty new bike down the road pretty good.  Others did the same, but are injured....

I'm lucky, I guess, but I have to say that my leathers, Vanson's, are awesome.  I have to give them credit for always protecting me.  For those of you that don't have Vanson's, or maybe a really good Japanese manufacturer of leathers, or a real American made set by like Bates or Z... you might get injured when you wouldn't with something like the previous examples...

Thanks for the help, K3...

And Tom Laning, Dave Vaughn, Joe, Andy, Paul, Russ, and everyone else.  I was just spinning around too!

http://www.vansonleathers.com
Super Dave

K3 Chris Onwiler

So I said to Dave, "Are you OK?"  "Oh yeah," he said.  "I'm fine."
Great.  Like we could even TELL if he had a head injury...
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com

Steviebee

stumpy

as I was on my way back to my pit on my xr50 I was joking with Dave yelling "I'm getting a bad head shake on this thing". He threw down his tools that he was using on his bike to give a hand when I had to tell him I was just joking! What a guy ;)
Greg "Stumpy" Steltenpohl
www.teamstumpyracing.com

EX#996

QuoteSo I said to Dave, "Are you OK?"  "Oh yeah," he said.  "I'm fine."
Great.  Like we could even TELL if he had a head injury...

LOL!!!   :D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Woofentino Pugrossi

I wish I had a camcorder in the corner station when that happened Dave. That was a WILD barrel roll your Yammie did. :o

BTW I like the "I slipped" comment you made when I got to you. ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

Super Dave

Yeah, I got a couple of shots of it doing a "dance".  Brent Wyffles (sp) said it tumbled eight times.  Not sure if it did that many, but it makes a good story.

Rob, do you need to buy any gearing for your R6?  I've got some that I ordered for the '03, but they sent previous stuff.  So, I have to ship it back, or sell it.

And I did slip...LOL.

Actually, I think that as the weekend went on, the rear shock finally got some heat in it.  When I tossed it in there, the left before four, it compressed, but rebounded to fast, way too fast, and launched the tire free...  Weeeeee!  The Rodeo is on!
Super Dave

tigerblade

But...but...you're Super Dave...

I thought you were invincible?   ???

;)
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

oldguy

And a riding school instructor, for Gods sake!  :o

Super Dave

And, yes, instructor...

I've got to give my students the FULL picture of road racing right?  LOL!

(Whoops?!!!  I slipped!)

Invincable?  Maybe?

Well, after wadding my pretty bike, I did ride it away, got some quick help, parts, and managed to make Sportbike...

Did lead for two or three laps.  I thought it went ok.  And I was just getting a good feel for the bike.  
Super Dave

tigerblade

Do you have some before and after pics?
Younger Oil Racing

chris_chops

Dave, your killing me!  You practically post essays on other posts and now we don't get to read the details of the crash.  What happened?
 ???

Matt

tigerblade

Apparently, he "slipped".    ;D
Younger Oil Racing

K3 Chris Onwiler

I DID find a piece of banana peel wedged into the chain guard when I was helping to fix his bike... ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"

Thingy

QuoteBut...but...you're Super Dave...

I thought you were invincible?   ???

;)

He's not called Super Dave because he never crashes.  He is called Super Dave because he always gets up from his crashes.  (Did you know that he was in '...And They Walked Away IV'?) ;D
-Bill Hitchcock
GP EX #13
Double Bravo Racing
'01 Ducati 748

Tuck your skirt in your panties and twist the throttle!

tigerblade

Maybe you hit a tearoff?  Remember Ben Bostrom at Laguna superpole last year?  LOL
Younger Oil Racing

diesel748

I'm glad to hear you and that pretty bike are ok.

lil_thorny

well, at least you did it in 4 and not the straight away like me. isn't crashing like having the flu?
you just have to get it out of your system and
charge on to a 3rd place in sportbike. great finish
to a dysmal weekend Dave. Oh yeah, and thanks
for teaching me how to crash with dignity as well
as finish with humility ; ;)
p.s. thanks again for the changes made to the bike
this weekend. 6 wins. you are the difference!
Benj.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I am wishing that I had set up my camcorder after all. I was pitted right there and was going to leave my camcorder recording for that race while I was out there in order to get an idea of just how slow a lap times I was running (was there by myself and didn't have my lap timer on that bike). Oh well, coulda shoulda woulda (but I would have had the entire crash on tape from the view I had of the track from the window of my trailer).
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteYeah, I got a couple of shots of it doing a "dance".  Brent Wyffles (sp) said it tumbled eight times.  Not sure if it did that many, but it makes a good story.

Rob, do you need to buy any gearing for your R6?  I've got some that I ordered for the '03, but they sent previous stuff.  So, I have to ship it back, or sell it.

8 rolls sounds about right.

BTW, I dont think R6 sprockets will fit my F2. ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Super Dave

Duh!  R6!  Duh!  OOPS!  Not sure what I was thinking.  LOL!

I think that I had the rear rebound set too soft.  When it did finally get some heat in it, it just kind of bounced when I flicked it hard and the rear wheel lost traction...hard....(WEEEEE!)

I'm fine (Vanson Leathers!  If you don't have them...you get hurt), bike isn't as pretty as before.  Now back to work on it.  Still has stock forks with only Hyperpro front springs.  The Hyperpro rear shock was really cool otherwise.  I think 4&6 got the geometry just about spot on.
Super Dave

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteDuh!  R6!  Duh!  OOPS!  Not sure what I was thinking.  LOL!

Been sniffing the race gas again huh Dave. ;D

QuoteI'm fine (Vanson Leathers!  If you don't have them...you get hurt).

I've feel in my Teknic in 6 after the main gate and didnt get hurt. :-/ Cant afford Vanson anyways. Next suit will be SYed.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Super Dave

Don't forget...

Sometimes at the end of the season, Vanson asks me to sell my rental leathers.  They go for a very, very reasonable price...
Super Dave

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteDon't forget...

Sometimes at the end of the season, Vanson asks me to sell my rental leathers.  They go for a very, very reasonable price...

EEEEWWWW!!!....amateur sweat

Woofentino Pugrossi

QuoteDon't forget...

Well I cant fit in the suit you have. ;D Not exactly skinny here. ;D ;D
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141

Super Dave

Not my suits, they are rental suits for the school.  Paul Buxton and K3 are wearing Vanson Leather suits that were part of my rental fleet from last year.  They are good sized guys.  
Super Dave

EX#996

QuotePaul Buxton and K3 are wearing Vanson Leather suits that were part of my rental fleet from last year.  They are good sized guys.  

LOL!!!

Paul - the 'impressive goon'
K3 - the thug

They could be the BHF version of the 'wise guys'   ;D

Oh, wait a minute, they think they are!  Haa Haa Haa  ;D

Sorry guys!  I couldn't resist.   ;) :-*

Dawn   :)
Paul and Dawn Buxton

K3 Chris Onwiler

Yo!  You talkin' to me?  Betta watch yasef.  Youse be messin with me an' my boyz, you'll be chokin on my nuts!  Cashews, that is!!!  Want some rum with that?  I'm carrying Captain Morgan Private Stock in my spares box this year!!!

EX#996

QuoteYo!  You talkin' to me?  Betta watch yasef.  Youse be messin with me an' my boyz, you'll be chokin on my nuts!  Cashews, that is!!!  Want some rum with that?  I'm carrying Captain Morgan Private Stock in my spares box this year!!!

;) :-* ;D
Paul and Dawn Buxton

KBOlsen

OMG I can still taste that SMOOOTH.... ;)
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?