News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Money Class

Started by CCS, October 27, 2009, 11:16:38 AM

Would pay $200 to enter a race with a purse, longer distance and qualifying for grid positions?

Yes
19 (38%)
Yes if the purse is high enough
19 (38%)
No, not interested.
12 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 10, 2009, 10:16:38 AM

Garywc

I like Jasons idea
I am all for a longer race no qualifying it wastes time.
200 is fine for the entry  if the pay out is going to be good.
maybe 45 mins or 1 hour + 2  laps
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Ducmarc

if we like team challenge just use it as a pattern so it's 25 more than daytona at least your not paying for the privilege of harley music all night .run saturday afternoon after practice do it a couple times a year per region so if someone wanted they could travel to other tracks    isn't that like wera endurance

dylanfan53

Quote from: HAWK on October 27, 2009, 03:16:48 PM
I'm with Ducmarc, over half the entries in the Unlimited classes are 600s anyway, why no LW class?
Because it would be easier and quicker to just hand a check to Ed before the race.    :kicknuts:
Don Cook
CCS #53

daviid

im not voting at the moment due to the fact im a lightweight guy but there is some interest
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

HAWK

Quote from: dylanfan53 on October 27, 2009, 11:00:48 PM
Because it would be easier and quicker to just hand a check to Ed before the race.    :kicknuts:

OUCH!
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Gixxerblade

I initially voted no but I would do it if it was a long enough race, say 45 minutes to an hour.

XFACTOR

I'm interested, but would have to know how payouts would be given. I've been stiffed for $650 in Unlimted GP races this year due to "missing forms"

race712

No lightweight class?  Guess I don't care then.

gotta agree though, it sounds expensive for the duration.

Gixxerblade

Quote from: race712 on October 29, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
No lightweight class?  Guess I don't care then.

gotta agree though, it sounds expensive for the duration.
Nobody races them light weight bikes.  :biggrin:

Scotty Ryan

Kevin -

I have a couple thoughts that I will just throw out there. I am also contemplating what I will be doing next season - As are most other racers out there. My perspective may come from a slightly different angle then others - But I think it is inline with everyone's best interest.. 

I love the idea of a money class - What are the possible scenarios? 600 - 1000 Ex and Am? What day? Would it be more beneficial to make the GT races long enough to justify throwing some money into and make it into a Regional Endurance Series? Maybe a Saturday program?

I would even think about just longer sprint races - But I myself would be more partial to an Endurance thing. 

Anyway it goes together - I would like to see a definite payout schedule - And a different payment structure.. Speaking for myself as a racer that gets from race to race on the money that I make that weekend would like to know I will have gas money for the ride home at the end of a weekend.. I might even be willing to go to more races or longer distance races knowing that I have a chance at some cash..
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

NOBODY

Why not have those big floppy checks, and a podium.

Candelata

Hopefully we could it also for amateur races.