News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

New Money Class

Started by CCS, October 27, 2009, 11:16:38 AM

Would pay $200 to enter a race with a purse, longer distance and qualifying for grid positions?

Yes
19 (38%)
Yes if the purse is high enough
19 (38%)
No, not interested.
12 (24%)

Total Members Voted: 49

Voting closed: November 10, 2009, 10:16:38 AM

CCS

One of the suggestions we've received for 2010 is that we create purse paying classes, (one for 600's and one for 1000's), that would cost more to enter but would also pay more back (Projection is for roughly $2000 per class per race, and classes for Amateur and Expert.).  The race would be 20-22 miles in length instead of our traditional 16 mile race and include gridding by lap times instead of order of entry.
Kevin Elliott
Director of Operations-CCS/ASRA
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

f3racer

To be honest. i would if i knew i would good enough to place high enough to get a decent pay out. but at this particular moment i wouldnt do it because i am a new racer. i voted yes.
Will
Former CCS MW Novice #81, WERA Novice #81
AHRMA Heavyweight SBK #81, DD's Racing Endurance Team #773
2020 Tuono Factory, 2000 RC51, 1980 CB750/823

NOBODY

Ducmarc

make a lightwt and we are in   or make team challege type race with some cheeze. we want to do some races like moto st but they have blown the cost out to where we can't do it no spec tires or fuel

CCS

Possibly for both Amateur and Experts
Kevin Elliott
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

vale46

I entered several unlimited GP races and finished top three and never recieved any money except once. Pay more for races that payout and and not recieve payouts ? Pay $80.00 to race and no return. If the entry's were not enough then a refund should be given. Maybe your new format will be better.
CCS #58
2008 Sponsors Burke Engineering, Lithium Motorsports, Monster Energy, Iowa City Motorsports, Vortex,  Leo Vince
Lockhart Phillips, Pirelli

Xian_13

Before I would consider this...

There would need to be a change in the manner, as to how racers get payed purse money.
As the current "CCS" system stands, I would see this as a waste of money.

XIII
CCS/ASRA Midwest #140
Secondary Highway & Swift Molly's Motor Circus
facebook.com/SwiftMolly
Michelin • STT

Super Dave

Would love to do this.  I think I've been proposing this for years, seldom formally other than a talk with Roger back in probably around '97. 

How did CCS do with Sportbike back in 2003?
Super Dave

HAWK

I'm with Ducmarc, over half the entries in the Unlimited classes are 600s anyway, why no LW class?
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

LilJayRR

I answered yes, but the more I think about it I don't know....

Its about the same distance as the GT races yet costs more than than the TC/Solo Challenge. The only main differences being qualifying, and some purse payouts?

Now if it were 1 hour/100kilometers (1/2 distance of a TC or Solo Challenge race) payout back to 10th or so and be in the $125 entry fee range that would be about right for me personally.

The TC/Solo challenge races are $175, have a purse (for 1st, 2nd , and 3rd) and are 2 hrs/200kilometers but have no Qualifying, so comparing it to them is what is making me rethink the yes vote and going to the maybe category.

In longer races I don't think qualifying is as big of a deal so instead of taking up time with qualifying for a shorter race, I would nix qualifying and add that time back into the race and grid by entry.

Just MHO.

Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Carnag3

I voted yes
I like the idea of racing for higher purse. 
Could the races be 16-20 laps w/qualifying times
Payout same day with a check at least?
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

600killer

I voted yes
I like the idea of racing for higher purse but i would also like to see 45 to a hour race for the $200 i would like to spend more time on the track

Garywc

I like Jasons idea
I am all for a longer race no qualifying it wastes time.
200 is fine for the entry  if the pay out is going to be good.
maybe 45 mins or 1 hour + 2  laps
CCS/ASRA #77
AMA #776
http://www.eastcoastsupertwins.com
Monmouth Cycles,Woodcraft, bel-ray,AXO

Ducmarc

if we like team challenge just use it as a pattern so it's 25 more than daytona at least your not paying for the privilege of harley music all night .run saturday afternoon after practice do it a couple times a year per region so if someone wanted they could travel to other tracks    isn't that like wera endurance

dylanfan53

Quote from: HAWK on October 27, 2009, 03:16:48 PM
I'm with Ducmarc, over half the entries in the Unlimited classes are 600s anyway, why no LW class?
Because it would be easier and quicker to just hand a check to Ed before the race.    :kicknuts:
Don Cook
CCS #53

daviid

im not voting at the moment due to the fact im a lightweight guy but there is some interest
David | 03 Suzuki SV650 | ASRA/CCS/WERA SE EX #484
RacerStuff.net / RTech Racing Fuels Fuels / Continental / Next Level Motorsports

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
-Benjamin Franklin

HAWK

Quote from: dylanfan53 on October 27, 2009, 11:00:48 PM
Because it would be easier and quicker to just hand a check to Ed before the race.    :kicknuts:

OUCH!
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Gixxerblade

I initially voted no but I would do it if it was a long enough race, say 45 minutes to an hour.

XFACTOR

I'm interested, but would have to know how payouts would be given. I've been stiffed for $650 in Unlimted GP races this year due to "missing forms"

race712

No lightweight class?  Guess I don't care then.

gotta agree though, it sounds expensive for the duration.

Gixxerblade

Quote from: race712 on October 29, 2009, 09:44:01 AM
No lightweight class?  Guess I don't care then.

gotta agree though, it sounds expensive for the duration.
Nobody races them light weight bikes.  :biggrin:

Scotty Ryan

Kevin -

I have a couple thoughts that I will just throw out there. I am also contemplating what I will be doing next season - As are most other racers out there. My perspective may come from a slightly different angle then others - But I think it is inline with everyone's best interest.. 

I love the idea of a money class - What are the possible scenarios? 600 - 1000 Ex and Am? What day? Would it be more beneficial to make the GT races long enough to justify throwing some money into and make it into a Regional Endurance Series? Maybe a Saturday program?

I would even think about just longer sprint races - But I myself would be more partial to an Endurance thing. 

Anyway it goes together - I would like to see a definite payout schedule - And a different payment structure.. Speaking for myself as a racer that gets from race to race on the money that I make that weekend would like to know I will have gas money for the ride home at the end of a weekend.. I might even be willing to go to more races or longer distance races knowing that I have a chance at some cash..
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

NOBODY

Why not have those big floppy checks, and a podium.

Candelata

Hopefully we could it also for amateur races.

redlinepilot

Quote from: CCS on October 27, 2009, 11:16:38 AM
One of the suggestions we've received for 2010 is that we create purse paying classes, (one for 600's and one for 1000's), that would cost more to enter but would also pay more back (Projection is for roughly $2000 per class per race, and classes for Amateur and Expert.).  The race would be 20-22 miles in length instead of our traditional 16 mile race and include gridding by lap times instead of order of entry.

Great suggestion, It seams very feasible, enhance either the GT classes or Sprint classes to suit the money class as needed. The lure of compensation will attract the talent and help support their efforts. I also suggest that it's time to upgrade the process  and implement timed practices for all classes for griding. It is almost a universal practice every where else.
Steve Guanche
Ex # 15 FL

ahastings

I would be for it, maybe $150 not $200 that will prob scare too many people away. then take $100 of each entry to make the purse. would be easy to make a payout schedule based on number of entries. need to make the payout deep enough in the field to encourage more participation because people are only going to enter if they think they have a chance of finishing in the money. Why not just go back to using the GT races as that money race,then you dont have to add more races into an already crowded schedule and the lightweight guys get one too. And as others mentioned bring the checks back to the race weekend
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

Team Spalding

I like what Arnie said. With one addition make the new Money Race/GT class 30 mins.
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

eboos

I would suggest making it a bit longer then that. 40-45 minutes, having a race distance that is equal to a national level pro race.
LRRS #205 Novice
2000 Buell M2
2010 Sponsors: Precision HD/Buell, Precision Triumph, Boston Moto, Superbike Toy Store, Pilot, Braking, RK Chains

ahastings

Quote from: eboos on November 08, 2009, 03:46:51 PM
I would suggest making it a bit longer then that. 40-45 minutes, having a race distance that is equal to a national level pro race.
AMA Pro races are 50 mi in length, which at their speed genrally equates to a 30-35 minute race depending on the track. If the races are too long making it on one tank of fuel is an issue for some bikes plus it would add too much time in the schedule
Arnie
A&M Motorsports
Mid-Atlantic VP Fuel Vendor

apriliaman

A 30 min race would be good as all bikes can make it on one tank easy.Most bikes will go 40-55 min on 1 tank.
Winner of at least 50 CCS Lightweight Regional Championships
3 National Championships
Top 10 plate holder since 2006

Carnag3

30min race sounds good.  Make the GT races the $$$ races and keep the same schedule.  Maybe a same day payout??
Carnage
CCS EX #901
www.carnag3.com

LilJayRR

Quote from: Carnag3 on November 10, 2009, 12:45:40 PM
30min race sounds good.  Make the GT races the $$$ races and keep the same schedule.  Maybe a same day payout??

What you can't last a 1 hour race?  :ass:

Get working on that cardio!
Jason Gibbens
Expert #62 Mid-Atlantic
2007 GTU Team Challenge Champions!
2009 ZX6R RnR Cycles, Repsol, Dunlop, Woodcraft

Boober

I think halfway through the year when financial attrition sets in anyone not in a points situation or with a rich daddy will drop this proposed class.  Not only is the class more to enter, but anyone with a bike 600 cc and up will completely use up any brand of tire they are running on.  It actually could hurt entries in other classes towards the end of the year if people decide to just race this one race and use their one set of tires for the weekend then go home.........?!

badazz

I would def agree with everyone about same day pay out...
30mins sounds sweet, maybe a lil longer...???
agree with making the GT races money races instead, you`ll get a better turn out!!!   IMHO
#990 Mid-Atlantic Amateur 
KingStarsRacing

Firecat

Brian Blume
Hix Racing #803

CCS

Some valid points have been made. Yes, we think that the potential is there for total entries to suffer with this high of a fee. We saw Unlimited GP shrink again for the third year in a row while SuperSport and SuperBike remained statistically stable, hence the question of whether it needed to be different.

Our sport is in a tough spot, we're looking at ways to keep racers racing and to keep the series going and this was one suggestion. Thanks Y'all for your input.
Kevin Elliott
Fort Worth, TX
817-246-1127

badazz

So whats the deal with the new money class? Any word yet?
#990 Mid-Atlantic Amateur 
KingStarsRacing

Eric Kelcher

Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition