News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

So i took the learning curves saturday

Started by jgf, April 07, 2003, 12:30:57 PM

jgf

and registration wasnt open at the end of the day. So how do i go about getting my license?? do i just mail it in and tell them what day i took the class???

lbk

Jim, just take your diploma to the next CCS event go to the registration booth, pay your money and you are set.

spyderchick

Just bring your certificate to the next race, or you can send in an application form to the office. On second thought, if you're just looking to race and don't care about the #, or you're not planning to pre-enter for RA, do it at the track.
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

jgf

So if i want to choose my # i have to mail it in?? that can not be done at the track??

Dawn

QuoteSo if i want to choose my # i have to mail it in?? that can not be done at the track??

They have a listing of numbers at the track.  You can see which ones are available there.

Dawn   :)

oldguy

I'm taking Cornerspeed Fri. at VIR - can I get my license at the track?? TIA

jgf

spyderchick

QuoteThey have a listing of numbers at the track.  You can see which ones are available there.

Dawn   :)

Dawn's right, but if you want a certain number, it can't be guaranteed until you pay for it, so the sooner the better cuz it's first come first serve with the # assignments, which is why I said if you don't care what # you get, do it at the track.

The pre-enrty comment holds as well, because the post entry fees increase significantly for the RA race. You cannot pre-enter a race without a competition license, so to save those $$$, get your license soonest. Info SHOULD be on the website for the cutoff date on pre-entry for the April RA. Of course the ever resourceful and oh so wonderful Dawn will probably post it here before you can look it up.   ;D
Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

jgf

I wont be racing until the may blackhawk, my concern is will i have it back before then? its a little over a month away, i dont want may to come and no license. and if i mail it in what do i do? photo copy my diploma?

tzracer

You can wait until the weekend you plan to race and get your license at that time (bring your diploma with you).You can select a number from a list they will have at the track. Keep the paper work they give you to use as your license until your license arrives (by mail).

You can mail it in. Go to http://www.formulausa.com/forms/03%20competition%20license%20application.pdf  to get the form for applying for your license. It asks what school and date of school, would not be a bad idea to include a copy of your diploma. If you mail in, your license may not arrive before you want to race, CCS should have on record that you applied and your number with them at the track.

I would wait to get the license in person at the track rather than mailing it in.
Brian McLaughlin
http://www.redflagfund.org
Donate at http://www.donate.redflagfund.org

2 strokes smoke, 4 strokes choke

jgf

QuoteYou can wait until the weekend you plan to race and get your license at that time (bring your diploma with you).You can select a number from a list they will have at the track. Keep the paper work they give you to use as your license until your license arrives (by mail).

You can mail it in. Go to http://www.formulausa.com/forms/03%20competition%20license%20application.pdf  to get the form for applying for your license. It asks what school and date of school, would not be a bad idea to include a copy of your diploma. If you mail in, your license may not arrive before you want to race, CCS should have on record that you applied and your number with them at the track.

I would wait to get the license in person at the track rather than mailing it in.

thanks Brian, thats what i will do(get it at the track)
by the way want to thank you guys again had a great time, even more fun on the way home giving jeff grief for tucking the front end! ;D

FUBAR606

QuoteI'm taking Cornerspeed Fri. at VIR - can I get my license at the track?? TIA

Doug,

You'll be able to get your license at the track once CCS registration opens, which should be sometime around 5PM Friday evening. Otherwise, you can do it Saturday morning. They will have a list of current numbers being used, so you can pick from what is left.

You can also register for races that weekend at the sametime you get your license.

Get with me on Friday if you have any other questions. And if you plan on racing at all that weekend, I'll help you out however I can.

I hope to see you there!