Wish the new guy luck !!

Started by Steviebee, April 02, 2003, 01:05:28 PM

Steviebee

Well i've go tthe trailer packed, and im off.

To my first race weekend !!!  yeaaa yeaa yeaaa

Wish me luck.  Ill be at BHF about 10 pm tonight.

Cant wait to meet ya all. !!

KBOlsen

Good luck!  See you tonight!!
CCS AM 815... or was that 158?

Dawn

Well I would, but I need to know what kind of bike you're running first!   ;D

Dawn   :)

MightyDuc Racing

MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

tigerblade

Have a good time.  Hopefully my first race weekend will be soon!
Younger Oil Racing

The man with the $200K spine...

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteWell I would, but I need to know what kind of bike you're running first!   ;D

The info at the bottom of his message says his # is 281 amateur.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

EX#996

Quote    The info at the bottom of his message says his # is 281 amateur.

I know, but he is in the MW and so are we.  If he runs in the same classes - - Well, I wish him good luck as long as he finishes behind Paul.   ;D

Paul and Dawn Buxton

GSXR RACER MIKE

QuoteI know, but he is in the MW and so are we.  If he runs in the same classes - - Well, I wish him good luck as long as he finishes behind Paul.   ;D

Ooops, my bust. Thought you were refering to the "can't wait to meet ya all" statement and were wanting to know how to recognize him, but you were actually refering to the "wish me luck" statement.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Nate R

Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Super Dave

Steve, you did really well.  I'm pretty happy with how you did....especially considering the weather.  Nice job.  I think you should be happy with how you did.  

Don't forget, class is one day...by you and I still have work to do, so keep in contact.
Super Dave

Steviebee

I MADE IT HOME !!!

Hi guys, I finished my first race weekend !!!

OMG  I really really really had a lot of fun.

I'll add more to this but i've really got to take a shower and get some zzz'z

But some impressions.!!

Thursday running in the rain for the first time.   Yikes, but hey i was a trooper and did all the sessions!! in the wet with DOT tire.  I really needed to learn the track, unfortuately there was noone else on the track for me to see where the line is.  And there wasnt one since it was brand new asphault.

Fridays practice,  Ok still a wet track, actually it was snowing for a little bit, just when the track starts to dry off during lunch,   RAIN  RAIN RAIN,  I went out 2 more times, but skipped the last 2 hours cause it was really raining hard.

Saturday, did ok in practice, still trying to figure out the line.  

My first race  AM GTO   ( and i pre-entered so i got gridded 1A),  omg was i nervous, but i made it and finished 7th out of 31.   OMG OMG OMG, still need to find where the line is.

Sunday wasnt as good for me.  1st race HWSB  CRASH   .. :(  kept braking way way too late for 7 and missing the turn in by like 20 feet.  Did it like 4 times but the last time got too far off "line" and hit the sand (which was mud on thursday)  slid the front  and landed in some nice soft dirt.  

Well no damage done (just a few scratches and some race on the exhaust) get re-teched, and show up on the grig for the AM  ULGP.  I had a !A grid again but i started from the back (Gun shy) still i managed to pass a few people and finish 11th out of 18.  

The bike was still not feeling good (fel like it wasnt stiking at all) so someone sugested to drop the air pressure so i went down 1lb in the front and 1.5 in the rear (i started the day with 29 in both).  Went out for the next race (grid 1A again) and the bike felt alot better, finished 9th out of 19.  HWSS  

I got some confidence back and went down on air pressure a bit more for the last race ULSS (grd 6A  frist AM   again. man i thought more people pre-entered, i would have been happy with a mid-pack grid)  Well took a slow start cause i didnt want to try and keep up with the leaders (too fast for me and my stock suspension) And the last race my bike finnaly felt like it was supposed to.  All grip and no slip, finnaly was able to get my nee down in 3, 4, 6, 7 I had the most fun following the two guys in front of me watching them battle #40 and #??  I stayed with them and thought i was a little faster so i entertained the idea of last turn pass on the brakes, but almost bothed it and went off in the same place i had crashed once (hehe), but i saved it and came in 8th out of 14th !!  yeaaaa yeaa

oh yea did i say it was reallly really really cold !!!  I slept in a tent !!!

Thanks to everyone that helped me, i pitted inbetween two other first time racers so we all kind of hung together and helped each other.  I was all by myself so i owe the guys that helped me a few rounds at RA !!

I also did this on a street rear and a rennsport sc2 (hard) front.  Why did i get a hard and not a soft 1! silly me !!  And totally stock suspension !! That i thought was close for setup, but it wasnt ever in the ball park.  Mark S. from the Visionsports school atleast helped me get some reasonable sag number for the front.  He's proable still laughing at what it was set at!!  Thanks.

And of course theres Dave, rushing to get his brand new bike finished so he can go have some fun, and hes still anserwing all our questions, and even asking if we need help.  THANKS DAVE !!!

Oh man i stink like wet dog !!  gotta go !!

Nate R

Steviebee --- You weren't draggin knee till Sunday, but you were finishing mid-pack? Dang! I was last all 3 of my races, and I was running mid 1:40s. I think I'd drag knee in the low 140s.   But, the SV Ams were all experienced Ams that are all kinda fast to begin with. Some of them ran other bikes, too, so they had lots of past track time.

Ah well, maybe in May there will be fresh meat for me to run with in the LW classes.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(