News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Wish the new guy luck !!

Started by Steviebee, April 02, 2003, 01:05:28 PM

roadracer797

Congarts to all the first timers, you guys did good in the bs conditions so hold your heads high and you will get faster as time goes by. Nate, don't worry about finishing last we all had to start from the bottom and hey you have no where to go but UP ;D, so keep up the good work.
Craig

Super Dave

QuoteBut, the SV Ams were all experienced Ams that are all kinda fast to begin with. Some of them ran other bikes, too, so they had lots of past track time.

Ah well, maybe in May there will be fresh meat for me to run with in the LW classes.

Don't always be so apt to put it down to experience.  In the 600 stuff, we had an amateur that was at Blackhawk and it was only his second time on the track.  I won all but maybe two of his races.  With the times you're doing, you might just have some real set up issues with the bike that is giving you feedback that is making you slower.  

And nice job again, Steve.  Wish we had different weather on Thursday.  Showing you lines in the rain doesn't do much...gotta get in, stop, turn and go in the wet.
Super Dave

MightyDuc Racing

Congrats on a great first weekend!  Isn't this sport a blast!!!  Way to go.
MightyDuc Racing
CCS AM #944 - Florida Region
Ducati 944 Superbike
www.mightyducracing.com
www.cycletires.com
Sponsors:
Tomahawk Tires, Dunlop, AGV, Superbikes & Ski, SW Medical Supply, BCM

Nate R

SD: I was only having feedback issues through the kink a bit, and a little bit in the carasouel. 90% of my slowness was ME. I KNOW the bike w/ the current setup can be much faster comfortably, I'm just not riding it fast enough. I guess my comfort zone was  lower than I thought it would be. I'll be putting in stiffer springs, and a different brand of 20 wt oil in the front, after talking to Ed from Trackside Engineering. So, that should help the setup a bit.

My goal was to get into the high 30s lap time-wise if the weather was nice, and given how my progress went from my race on Saturday to my last race on sunday, I think I could have.

I just found out that I have a lot more work to do than I thought. I know of guys on all stock SVs who were doing mid 120s at BHF, so, I KNOW the bike can do it.

I think that what I have to do is mostly raising cornerspeed, and staying on the throttle more in the front straight and the back straight.  
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Dawn

QuoteSD:
I just found out that I have a lot more work to do than I thought. I know of guys on all stock SVs who were doing mid 120s at BHF, so, I KNOW the bike can do it.

Nate:

Paul was doing 1:30's this weekend and last year on a hot track about 1:23'S

Nate R

Really? OK so, I'm only about 10-12 seconds off from being able to be competitive w/ the LW AMs? By competitive I mean racing someone, not just running around the track alone in last.

That's not bad then. I think I could do at least 5 seconds faster pretty easily in May even if we had the same temps/weather.
Nate Reik
MotoSliders, LLC
www.motosliders.com
Missing my SV :-(

Dawn

Don't worry Nate.  When there are a few more people on the track you will find someone to race with.  Paul had the most fun in a race when him and a Ducati were battling for 7th and 8th place.  

Dawn   ;)