News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How can we promote CCS racing??

Started by jigs, June 25, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

Super Dave

Quote from: GKBuzz on July 14, 2009, 09:27:42 PM
There are some businesses in Beloit that don't know BHF is even there! Maybe we should have a Saturday night parade of bikes through downtown. I've always wanted to get some larger (big) size CCS decals for the trailers. Fliers and posters around the midwest with the whole schedule printed on it could really help.
Blackhawk has been a member of the local Chamber of Commerce.  In the past, they had political activities for local politicians.  I have been to the Rockton Christmas parade twice with the Blackhawk staff in my leathers (I had Tom from the track in a set too) with a Blackhawk float. 

Make your Blackhawk schedule.  Hand it out to get people to come see you.
Super Dave

Cowboy 6

Quote from: xb12racerX on June 28, 2009, 07:49:12 PM
I like the idea of a $25 fee per car. Say no more than 4 people, then a per person fee after that. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that the $25 per person fee keeps a lot of people out.

+1

I have always felt that CCS has a family atmosphere. The problem is, the gate fee is more of a discouragement for family participation. Making a guy choose between a new(safe) set of tires or bringing his family along is the wrong answer. He or she needs the new tires to keep not only themselves safe but the rest of us as well. I think that encouraging families to participate or at least attend would produce a far better outcome and future for the organization.
C6

www.NeedGod.com  ....   www.TPOParts.com  ....   www.Christiansportbike.com.com ....  www.woodcraft-cfm.com ....  www.ebcbrakes.com ....www.baxleycompanies.com

xb12racerX

exactly. there is still money to be made at the food stands and stores. save at the gate, spend inside.  it will be interesting to see how the attendance will be this weekend at BHF. Both in racers and fans.
mind your own damn business

mx558

attendence looked to be down and grids were small except all the fast guys in my class. (haha) That said I have people that would come if the gate fee was 10 per person each day but are not going to pay 25

xb12racerX

I agree 100%. Sucks too. I had 2 podiums and no friends there to watch. I realize people can't always make the races, but I also know that the cost makes people think twice about coming to the track.
mind your own damn business

Over-ReActor

Quote from: Cowboy 6 on July 23, 2009, 08:56:23 AM
+1

I have always felt that CCS has a family atmosphere. The problem is, the gate fee is more of a discouragement for family participation. Making a guy choose between a new(safe) set of tires or bringing his family along is the wrong answer. He or she needs the new tires to keep not only themselves safe but the rest of us as well. I think that encouraging families to participate or at least attend would produce a far better outcome and future for the organization.
Quote from: xb12racerX on July 23, 2009, 06:37:55 PM
exactly. there is still money to be made at the food stands and stores. save at the gate, spend inside.  it will be interesting to see how the attendance will be this weekend at BHF. Both in racers and fans.

I seen these arguements before and it was explained very well from a simple business sense by a race organizer.  I'll try to paraphrase.

If CCS was to cut it's ticket prices in half, it would have to double its attendance just to break even.  Now, you would have twice the people and be making the same amount of money.  Or would you?  With twice the people comes more headaches and services that you have to provide.  Toilets, security, attendants etc.  So, why deal with more people to make the same or less money.

It was also found out that attendance really didn't increase that much anyway.

Also, the food vendors and such are normally not the profit of the race promoter.  So, that money goes to someone else.  Hope this helps.

Woofentino Pugrossi

Quote from: mx558 on July 27, 2009, 06:20:48 PM
attendence looked to be down and grids were small except all the fast guys in my class. (haha) That said I have people that would come if the gate fee was 10 per person each day but are not going to pay 25

It used to be $10/day. But due to the retards who stayed overnight on a one day wristband, they went to the wristbands bought on saturday also include sundays gate fee. Thats the reason for the $25 on sat (well used to be $20 until they raised it to $25) and $15 on sunday.
Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

roadracer162

"If CCS was to cut it's ticket prices in half, it would have to double its attendance just to break even.  Now, you would have twice the people and be making the same amount of money.  Or would you?  With twice the people comes more headaches and services that you have to provide."

I see how that works, but then I could extrapolate and say raise the gate prices through the roof have one attendee and thereby getting rid of even more headache.

Usually though and I think many times the spectators are the family and friends at this club level racing. $30 now for Saturday (practice day) and Sunday (race day) here in Florida. I limit my racing to just a couple races and thus being a better deal than a track day at the same track.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Over-ReActor

Quote from: skidMARK on July 28, 2009, 02:23:00 PM
"If CCS was to cut it's ticket prices in half, it would have to double its attendance just to break even.  Now, you would have twice the people and be making the same amount of money.  Or would you?  With twice the people comes more headaches and services that you have to provide."

I see how that works, but then I could extrapolate and say raise the gate prices through the roof have one attendee and thereby getting rid of even more headache.

Usually though and I think many times the spectators are the family and friends at this club level racing. $30 now for Saturday (practice day) and Sunday (race day) here in Florida. I limit my racing to just a couple races and thus being a better deal than a track day at the same track.

Mark
Mark

I think the organizers have found the fine line in pricing. I've heard people complain that their mother, brother or wife wouldn't pay to come see them (they must really suck).  So why would a stranger at any cost?  Club racing isn't a spectator sport. It's like softball or amatuer golf, you pay to play.

I am curious to how your racing day is cheaper than a trackday. My trackdays are $150-$180. I ride 7 times a day. What does it cost you for a couple races and your family to attend?

Ducmarc

Ducmarc

this is the SCCA theory no spectators  but go to a drag race or a dirt track i drag raced for twenty years we would not take the car off the trailer for less than a thousand bucks and they did this by packing the stands at ten bucks a pop.went to see my friend race at the local dirt track a couple of weeks ago there was 5 of us i was kind of sweating the ticket booth10 bucks each and if you brought your unemployment stub or military ID you got in free had a 5 hour show with the heat races even could afford drinks and popcorn. one of my other friend races club enduros he was interested in road racing i told him how much i spent in a normal weekend he liked to passed out. one weekend would cover about 4 weekends for him I don't know what the answer is I'm not a promotor and i know Henry thinks about this day and night ( he's the one trying to make a living out of it) but with the shrinking grids we are definitely going in the wrong direction i think there will be a time when the ccs series my shrink to a few races a year in each division. Henry is already talking of canning homestead in the summer. here's a world class track right next to a huge metropolitan city free garages free electric all paved paddock and he can't break even.we only go to Jennings once a year now and i don't think it would hurt his feelings if we never went back. i think another year in this climate we will have 2 races at homestead and 4 or 5 races at palm beach. and if want to race more your going to have to travel I'm surprised ccs and wera haven't merged of at least combined like the AFL and the NFL  everyone else has  also for the spectator drag racing you see the whole race short track super cross football baseball hockey you see the whole thing road race you see 3 corners at best. we may have to think about shorter tracks like large cart tracks where you sit in the stands and watch the whole show

Over-ReActor

Quote from: Ducmarc on July 28, 2009, 11:12:08 PM
this is the SCCA theory no spectators  but go to a drag race or a dirt track i drag raced for twenty years we would not take the car off the trailer for less than a thousand bucks and they did this by packing the stands at ten bucks a pop.went to see my friend race at the local dirt track a couple of weeks ago there was 5 of us i was kind of sweating the ticket booth10 bucks each and if you brought your unemployment stub or military ID you got in free had a 5 hour show with the heat races even could afford drinks and popcorn. one of my other friend races club enduros he was interested in road racing i told him how much i spent in a normal weekend he liked to passed out. one weekend would cover about 4 weekends for him I don't know what the answer is I'm not a promotor and i know Henry thinks about this day and night ( he's the one trying to make a living out of it) but with the shrinking grids we are definitely going in the wrong direction i think there will be a time when the ccs series my shrink to a few races a year in each division. Henry is already talking of canning homestead in the summer. here's a world class track right next to a huge metropolitan city free garages free electric all paved paddock and he can't break even.we only go to Jennings once a year now and i don't think it would hurt his feelings if we never went back. i think another year in this climate we will have 2 races at homestead and 4 or 5 races at palm beach. and if want to race more your going to have to travel I'm surprised ccs and wera haven't merged of at least combined like the AFL and the NFL  everyone else has  also for the spectator drag racing you see the whole race short track super cross football baseball hockey you see the whole thing road race you see 3 corners at best. we may have to think about shorter tracks like large cart tracks where you sit in the stands and watch the whole show
Are you talking about trying to make money at this?  AMA teams can't do it.  This is your hobby, not a job. Peoples wives won't pay admission to see them.  There is no cure. You pay to race and go broke.