News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How can we promote CCS racing??

Started by jigs, June 25, 2009, 05:13:45 PM

KTG

Way to promote CCS...How bout an 8hr enduro at BHF's into the night!
Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

Burt Munro

If you're asking about the ADRL drags at Gateway Aug 7th and 8th they had to turn people away and close the gates for awhile on both Friday and Saturday due to the crowd.   

I don't know the final attendance figure but I heard 60,000 being tossed around fairly often.

A guy I know helped out with the event and he told me they distributed 800,000 free tickets.
Parking was $20 per car and the concession and souvenir sales were through the roof.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

Ducmarc

SVbadguy

Create a simple flyer in Word or PowerPoint and post it wherever you can get away with it.  I posted them on bulletin boards at work.  Only a few people know I race.  Because I did this one guy and his wife will be coming out, camping and making a weekend of it.  I posted one at my sponsor's shop too.  Printing a few flyers is really cheap.

jigs

MJFRacing

Quote from: Super Dave on June 25, 2009, 09:12:54 PM
This is a pretty heavily beaten topic, so I'll try to throw in my quick two cents.

From the CCS side, it's sportsman racing.  It is racing for the racer.  The person or persons that come to the events are in general competitors.  Yeah, there's some neat action, but there isn't the hospitality or show available to pull in much for significant numbers to make much sense in generating much of a spectator base beyond that. 

There's only a small percentage of commited racers that attend every event, and most of those individuals are focused primarily upon their individual program occuring at the track.  Again, that doesn't generate much beyond the sportsman concept of racers racing racers and the sponsorships basically furthering exposure to other racers.

If one really wanted to make an impact, do it for yourself.  Generate your press releases, your fliers, your team, your rider, your "hospitality", and other items to attract others to come see you at the races.  No one goes to a race to see an organization.  Generally, they don't go to see a bike.  Few people would enjoy seeing me ride a Ducati GP09.  However, seeing Hayden or Stoner on it, that's a different story.  And that's my immediate illustration.  Make yourself an attraction, and that will help your program and drag CCS along with it.  It's not in the necessary interest of CCS to generate substantially more expenses, even if one could figure out some minimal ones, that could necessarily have a measureable impact upon getting more "spectators" to races. 

Reducing spectator gate fees?  Free ones have been tried in the past with no substantial change in attendance.  It sucks, I know, but really the best focus is to focus on yourself.  Additionally, it offers one the best opportunity to control the immediate product.

Well said and I agree!
Michael - CCS 73

weggieman

Nice flyer, now ask CCS how much they will contribute for advertising their business. This may get a few people out to see you but it won't change anything else.

roadracer162

Henry with the Florida region does a bancg up job with his flyers much like that example. He does put loads of information on it. Mail and local bike shops are within the circulation. It even has sponsors for the series giving good exposure. Each month it features a different rider on the cover picture.
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

Court Jester

Personally, I would put 5k down if speedvision would switch out Pinks for CCS races. God I hate that fucking show. 
"I don't know really. We've worked real hard. I'm going to slam the peddle down for 8 seconds and see what happens."

Anything but that ^^^^^^^

Thank god South Park's on at the same time. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

DEVINC

Quote from: Court Jester on August 25, 2009, 10:48:06 PM
Personally, I would put 5k down if speedvision would switch out Pinks for CCS races. God I hate that fucking show. 
"I don't know really. We've worked real hard. I'm going to slam the peddle down for 8 seconds and see what happens."

Anything but that ^^^^^^^

Thank god South Park's on at the same time. 

Haha. I could go for CCS over pinks... DEFINITELY. Henry Degouw does a nice job to getting the flyers out. I will say that I was kinda put out that i had to pay $40 gate fees for two just for sunday. (i was there for sunday only) i  thought it was 25 for two days and 15 for sunday. I mean ten bucks doesnt break the bank but i'm on a tight budget and $25 a piece for the weekend seems enough as it is then when gate prices are more than advertised i was kinda aggravated.  :blahblah:

roadracer162

It is $30 for the weekend. $20 for Sunday. You must consider that $75 for a track day on Saturday is pretty inexpensive and $55 per race is a bargain too.

Mark
Mark Tenn
CCS Ex #22
Mark Tenn Motorsports, Michelin tire guy in Florida.

DEVINC

this is true. i agree. $75 track day on sat. is good deal. It was more that I was caught off guard because I had the wrong info. Florida region is still awesome though!