What timing does CCS use? AMB? Mylaps?

Started by PDARacing, May 08, 2009, 07:15:55 PM

PDARacing

Hiiii guys,

I'm thinking about doing a CCS weekend at Summit Memorial Day weekend. So far, I have only raced with WERA, but wanted to see what else was out there and get some practice for the WERA Summit round too...

I'm looking at the prices, and well, they are higher than I am used to.. wanted to make sure I am covering all my bases thinking about this and expenses...
1. Membership - is there a temp license I can get and how much?
2. Entry fees ( on an 07 R6 (stocker) it looks like I can run MW Superbike and MW Superstock... or is it the GP classes? I guess I'm confused.. I read the rulebook but cant figure out what the differences are between those?)
3. Can I use my AMB transponder or do I need to rent a different one?
4. Is there a site I can check out laptimes to see what recent times are being run.
5. How are the races gridded? Pre Entry, Points?

THanks guys!!

SVbadguy

CCS License Fee:
$120.00 per Season
$85.00 after July 1st.
$55.00 after September 1st.
All competition licenses
expire January 1, 2010

CCS Pre-Entry Fees:
$80.00 first entry
$55.00 second entry
$80.00 each Unlimited GP
class regardless.

CCS Post-Entry Fees:
$85.00 first entry
$60.00 each additional
$85.00 each Unlimited GP
class regardless

You can enter any of the Middleweight, Heavyweight and Unlimited classes (Supersport, Superbike, GP) unless you are running slicks which would rule you out of Supersport.  Not many bikes are built to the specs allowed by the Superbike and GP classes.

You are provided with a transponder at no cost.  Just make sure you return it at the end of the weekend.

Our lap times are posted online here  http://www.myracingbio.com/?event=Welcome

We are gridded by order of entry.

Mid-Atlantic Region 
MARRC Exec Committee at-large & Radio Committee Chair

Boober

Also too ease your troubled mind I might add that CCS tech/rules are much less stringent so if you have already raced WERA you are sooooooo ready to go to a CCS weekend.  Not bashing here mind you but facts is facts! :thumb:

Burt Munro

The timing system CCS/ASRA uses is made by Westhold Corporation.
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

PDARacing

hmmm.. i thought i read something about a guest license last year, must have gotten ride of that idea?

Thanks for the help, guys! I'll likely see you there!

Russell2566

I think they still have a single event license fee if you already have an accepted license. They did last year.

BTW, I'm working hard on making MyRacingBio kick the snot out of MyLaps.com :) New software release is coming in the next week or so.

Quote from: Boober on May 08, 2009, 09:49:25 PM
Also too ease your troubled mind I might add that CCS tech/rules are much less stringent
This is not always a good thing.

Tdub

Do a good job cause I REALLY like MyLaps!!

PDARacing

i found that the ccs version was easier to search.. Mylaps sucks for searching and is finicy with being signed in. It constantly has to be signed into and won't let me do anything without that

Russell2566

Well if anyone ever has suggestions or features for MyRacingBio.com feel free to pass them on to Webmaster AT MyRacingBio.com.

MyRacingBio is a product I have designed to sell and I'm basically beta testing it with the CCS organization at my own expense.

Tdub

Quote from: Russell2566 on May 09, 2009, 12:33:40 PM
Well if anyone ever has suggestions or features for MyRacingBio.com feel free to pass them on to Webmaster AT MyRacingBio.com.

MyRacingBio is a product I have designed to sell and I'm basically beta testing it with the CCS organization at my own expense.

Easy...just copy Mylaps

Russell2566

I've never actually used MyLaps.com and don't intend to. I've just played around on top level pages as I don't have an account. I've implimented a few things that have been suggested from users, but thats it.

Plus If I just copy myLaps not only am I a looser, but I've just wasted my time. It can also be harder to think out of the box when your jaded by another 'competing' product.

So in short, "just copy mylaps" is not only insulting to the amount of work involved in creating a product like this, but it doesn't help. People have written me with endless bitching about MyLaps, so just copying them gets me nowhere.

Rick Johnson 29

You are doing a good job Russ. MyRacingBio kicks MyLaps butt.
Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000