News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Lots of Bone Head moves at HPT...

Started by Noidly1, April 27, 2009, 02:04:51 AM

Noidly1

I can understand being new to racing, as we all were at one time, but Dayum, there were a lot of them...

Hell, I even got ass-packed on the warm-up lap as I was about to turn into 7. WTF???
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

skiandclimb

Congrats on your podium, Dion! The bone-heads will always be there, bro.
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

Greg_Williams

One surprise (of several) for me was that we had more than one rider crash on the cool down lap.  I know it's easy to lose focus because you're no longer racing, but more than once in a day?  It sucks for the racers in the next race sitting at pit out when we have to recover the crasher.

Sorry to hear that you got tagged on the sighting lap.
Greg Williams

Cafe Racer Inc.
816-221-0711

www.caferacerinc.com

funsizeracing

How about the entire race that jumped the start.  I guess they couldn't meatball all of us! :banghead:
Becka
CMRA EX #126
TipToes and TonkaTrucks Mini Endurance #75
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Burt Munro

Oh yeah.......  the infamous 2nd wave that morphed into a single wave! 

Looked to me like there wasn't much of an advantage to anybody.   

:biggrin:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

funsizeracing

You should have meatballed all of us.  It would have made for an interesting race seeing everyone do a stop and go!
Becka
CMRA EX #126
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

Burt Munro

I don't think my arms/shoulders could have handled trying to hold the Meatball flag out that long in the 30-50 mph winds!!   :ahhh:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

funsizeracing

Quote from: Burt Munro on April 27, 2009, 03:54:53 PM
I don't think my arms/shoulders could have handled trying to hold the Meatball flag out that long in the 30-50 mph winds!!   :ahhh:
Are you feeling ok today?  Not the usuall "shit disturber" comments we've come to expect from you!
Becka
CMRA EX #126
CCS EX #126
www.caferacerinc.com
R&R Tool & Die Co.
www.ducatiomaha.com

alexm

Dion - interesting topic. So I was behind you most of the middleweight superbike race; care to explain your interesting choice of lines through turn 14 leading onto the straightaway?

R1Racer99

Can anyone describe any of these bone-headed moves? I didn't see any that I can think of.

I can say that all of the guys up front in the amateur races rode very clean and didn't try any stupid moves. I was only there on Saturday though so maybe Sunday was different.

Grashopr

I didn't see any seriously stupid moves other than the rumors of someone helping girl on the F4i go down (not that her crashing was a stupid move, but there were rumors that she went down while being passed by an expert that was lapping her).  I have no idea what really happened with that, anyone hear how she is doing? 

CCS #303

Old Woman in a Cage: "WHAT were you thinking doing wheelies down the road at 60 to 70 mph??!!"

Idiot on a Triumph: "Oh we HAD to be going faster than THAT ma'am!"

RuschRacing23

I was sitting in turn 12 watching the race where Tea (F4i girl) crashed and i watched the entire thing start to finish. There was an expert that passed her on the brakes going into 10 and he was already exiting 12 by the time she got there (Rob Jensen is mighty fast). Something spooked her probably the wind but who knows and she stood the bike straight up which was very odd considering nothing was going on? Anyhow she went into the grass and grabbed a whole lotta front brake but better tuck the front in grass than ram straight into the flag stand which was where she was headed. Luckily she stopped sliding before than. It still sucked when she was done sliding because she was not moving. It took a good minute before she even twitched. From what I heard no serious injury on the CAT scan. GET WELL SOON TEA!! Were praying for you.

God Bless, Eddie
Ride for Him, Live for Him

CCS Midwest- #3:16 Expert
2007 GSXR 600/ 2001 SV 650

Christian Sportbike Racing
CSBRacing.com

Look for the Red, White, Blue tent