News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Road America first timer. Some Q's..

Started by skiandclimb, March 30, 2009, 10:52:14 PM

Scotty Ryan

I like pasta - Does that count???

I'm gonna sign up at the track - The front straight is long enough that you can start a few rows back and still make your way to the front.... Since we're still doing standing starts - I should be fine....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

jigs

Quote from: Scotty Ryan on April 06, 2009, 02:29:56 AM

I'm gonna sign up at the track - The front straight is long enough that you can start a few rows back and still make your way to the front.... Since we're still doing standing starts - I should be fine....
I'm with you on that one.

Dr675

Quote from: Scotty Ryan on April 06, 2009, 02:29:56 AM

The straights there are so long, you can bring along your taxes and do them while you wait for the brake marker to come up.
"...you gotta kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight"- BNL

racer52

Does anyone know if we can get into the track to camp Thursday night? And will registration be open Thursday night? Thank you
Kerry Kimball
EXP CCS#52
Zimbrick at Fish Hatchery Road
Zimbrick.com

"An amateur works until he gets it right, a professional works until
he can't get it wrong"!

123user

In the past, you've been able to get in after 5 or 6 pm... but that's when there is a track day on thursday (and you're not doing it)  If there is no event on thursday, I don't know what the policy is.

I seem to remember doing something at registration on thursday night, but I can't remember what?

Personally, I enjoy the spring weather at RA.  Wet, nasty, cold, its just part of racing.  A win is a win regardless of the weather.  The best is when its pouring on one side of the track and bone dry on the other.

barb_arah

Plan on cold and wet or nice and dry. And all in the same weekend.  At the same time.  And then wait for it....it'll change.
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.

skiandclimb

Great.  So, basically, I'll be on a new (to me) untested bike at a new (to me) and untested track with no practice day, and the distinct possibility of the weather being horrible?

Let's go racing!!!!!!!!

See you all up there. I'll be the one on the black Duc wearing a 1960's North Face full length down parka.

-Ski
#730 CCS MW/GP
Pursuit Racing, The Backstopper's Org.
www.cyclehouseperformance.com - St. Louis, MO.
King Edward's Chicken and Fish- St. Louis, MO.
www.mcraracing.com

tstruyk

latex under your racin gloves helps a bunch, duct tape over your face to keep the shield from foggin.

My first lap of practice my AM year was at RA in April... nothing like clicking over 150 when its snowing!   :ahhh:

I ran pilot powers with good results.  tlak to the tire guys if its that chilly, good tire selection can save you seconds as well as $$$  cold torn race rubber gets 'spensive!
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

skiandclimb

#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Quote from: tstruyk on April 08, 2009, 01:18:59 AMduct tape over your face to keep the shield from foggin...

Yeah, this should help you out.  Here's Timmah after the racing action...

Super Dave

skiandclimb

Quote from: Super Dave on April 08, 2009, 02:45:58 PM
Yeah, this should help you out.  Here's Timmah after the racing action...

Good grief! What happened to that guy?!?!?
#730 CCS MW/GP
www.mcraracing.com

Super Dave

Super Dave