News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Avoid "AZtrackdays" events

Started by duc995@aol.com, March 29, 2003, 05:02:21 AM

Decreasing_Dave

QuoteLitespeed:  I am confused?

How does AZtrackdays, as written, make you think I might be referring to the excellent group of individuals at TEAM ARIZONA?

www.AZtrackdays.com is what I have been referring to. ;)

Read the details.

www.AZtrackdays.com is a link to TEAM Arizona.  Go ahead, try your own link on your reply.

www.AZtrackday.com is what I believe you are refering to.

1 letter is making all of the difference and can really fire up the wrong people.

Details, Details

Litespeed

Thank you coeff for answering my question and thank you Dave for covering my back.  

duc995@aol.com

Sorry...didn't realize there was a "link"

As I said: T.E.A.M. Arizona rocks...www.aztrackday.com does NOT!

My "favorites" page on my AOL uses www.motorcycletraining.com to go to the TEAM Arizona site...didn't know there was another :o

Thanks for making me honest! ;D

Litespeed

Thanks for clearing that up.  ;D

Mark_Weiss

Apologies to all. That www.aztrackdays.com site was a temporary website that I had forgotten about. It is down now. TrackTime by T.E.A.M. Arizona is the company that has been in MSF rider training since the eighties and has been running trackdays for the last five years.

We are the ones who helped put together the practice day earlier this month, and we are also going to run a practice day on April 11, since there apparently won't be CCS practice on the 12th.

$150 for the day, it will be a regular track day for us.

Mark
www.motorcycletraining.com

lightweightgp

QuoteApologies to all. That www.aztrackdays.com site was a temporary website that I had forgotten about. It is down now. TrackTime by T.E.A.M. Arizona is the company that has been in MSF rider training since the eighties and has been running trackdays for the last five years.

We are the ones who helped put together the practice day earlier this month, and we are also going to run a practice day on April 11, since there apparently won't be CCS practice on the 12th.

$150 for the day, it will be a regular track day for us.

Mark
www.motorcycletraining.com

in my humble opinon TEAM AZ rocks.  THESE GUYS do a great job on trackdays!     Mark, thanks for the AMP event.   Despite some mechanical issues, i had a fantastic day.    If i could only catch Wayne......      

Everybody:  you have got to ride the new track - AMP.  It rocks.

Mongrel

Quote If i could only catch Wayne......      

Everybody:  you have got to ride the new track - AMP.  It rocks.

Just stop the pit anytime   ;D

Mark_Weiss

Just to be clear, it's T.E.A.M. Arizona, not the other guys, who are running the practice/track day on April 11 at Firebird East. Call to sign up: (480)998-9888

$150. If enough sign up, the rate slides down and we make refunds. This policy applies only to our CCS practice dates.

Mark

dryheat

Mark,

Are you gonna have this track day the same as last time where it was open practice or is it gonna be like a regular track day with three 20 min groups?

My vote is for the open practice  ;D ;D ( i thought it went great last time).

:patrick

PS- Is anyone going to have lap timers for rent?

Mark_Weiss

It depends on how many riders show up. If it's light like last time, we'll stay open for the day. If we have a crowd, we'll need to go to sessions.

Most likely we'll play it by ear. For practice days, no-sessions is definitely the way to go. As long as everyone plays nice, it will work.

Mark

SpeedTrip

In regrads to Robert's original post, I don't feel last Friday represented the normal aztrackday.com event.  Due to several factors such as demo riders & AHRMA racers on track, lack of staffing because it was a Friday, etc. things did not go well.  The staff has already sent out an apology and is meeting to ensure preventing a day like the 28th from happening again.
I'll admit that I am not going to appear to be unbiased in this matter, I built their web site, ride with them regularly and was the pace keeper for the Ducati demo rides.  
With just the Ducati rides I knew there were going to be problems.  After the first round of rides, the Ducati rep yelled at me for going too fast with the group.  It was understood prior to the event that I should keep pace with the group we were in, as to not cause a traffic jam.  He said "No way!  Never pass anyone and never go over 80mph!"  It was really frustrating taking people down the straights at 80, being passed by guys doing 160.  The only other choice was to cancel the demo rides, which incidentally Aprilla did, or try to keep my group out of trouble. I was really happy that no demo riders had any incidents, but being that front guy sucked.
I can assure you aztrackday.com will never hold an event like that again.
If anyone has some constructive critisim, please post it or email me.  I'm only the web master for them, but I know they are doing what they can to make every trackday better than the last.

don@caffeinedesign.com

dryheat

That's cool, Mark. Looking forward to Friday nonetheless... need any corner worker help?

Do you know if anybody's gonna have lap timers for rent Friday?