Avoid "AZtrackdays" events

Started by duc995@aol.com, March 29, 2003, 05:02:21 AM

duc995@aol.com

Most poorly organized and least track time I have ever received in 8 years of track riding and racing.  Beware... :(

dryheat

What happened? Did you do the track day yesterday?

Super Dave

Careful...

Might want to take it to the guys that put on the track days and talk with them.  Might be reasons, etc.  

Just want to avoid problems.
Super Dave

EX#996

If this was a track day at a new track or put on by a new organization, they may have suffered from a severe learning curve.  

Dave is right.  Have a talk with the organizers, you may be surprised.  

Dawn - One who has put on corportate parties for years (thank goodness I don't do them anymore   ::))
Paul and Dawn Buxton

Litespeed

You need to be more specific with your complaints.  More specifically, there is aztrackday and teamaz (aka aztrackdays) which could cause a lot of confusion.  So, please tell us the specific event you attended and what you think may have caused the lack of track time.  I'm sure someone on here can give you a logical explantion if that's what you would like.

coeff

AZtrackday.com is not to be confused with TEAM arizona.

How can I put this...........

An owner is well known for threatening legal action over negative comments and constructive criticism regarding the company and its operations.

Many local riders have expressed concern over issues of ethics, integrity, safety and organization.
Many local riders have boycotted the owner and his organization.
Many of these riders worked for them as cornerworkers as well as having paid slots.
A few local area vendors have had very, very serious issues regarding business dealings, legal action and missuse of law enforcement.

That's all I have to say on the subject.

EX#996

Well, that cleared it up for me.

Dawn  
Paul and Dawn Buxton

duc995@aol.com

All I will say is that in my personal opinion...and we are all entitled to our own...I would avoid aztrackdays.com if you have a choice for track time.

Go ahead and try them.  Make your own assessment.  Last time I checked there was nothing illegal about sampling track day organizers over an eight year period and rating them.  If that was illegal, then magazines wouldn't print tire/bike/etc. comparisons and state a 'winner'.

Litespeed

I guess my question wasn't specific enough, I will try again:

www.aztrackdays.com is a site for tracktime with TeamAZ

www.aztrackday.com is a site for aztrackday as a business

The two are not associated with each other but when you keep saying aztrackdays you are not really saying which is which.  What I asked is that you tell us the particular event you went to because then we can go check the schedules and verify we know which one you are talking about.  

Coeff:  Since I have no idea which one you are talking about, aztrackday or Team arizona with your allegations, could you please explicitly state which one they are against.  Simply stating company a and company b are not the same then making a statement without declaring which it is in reference to makes no sense.

As a track day rider in Arizona, I can say that I have participated in track days with both organizations and didn't have any problems, which is probably the reason I am confused...

coeff

My apologies Litespeed, I see where there could be confusion so I will reply.

I was not writing of TEAM AZ.

A few months back one local board's membership suspended all dealings with and cancelled AZTrackday.com advertising because of various issues as stated above.

Another local board's membership has suspended all dealings with and cancelled AZTrackday.com advertising as of yesterday.

Today I have heard many anecdotes and stories of Friday's trackday from a number of individuals.
None of it was good.

Super Dave

Thanks guys.  I think that was too the point.
Super Dave

duc995@aol.com

Litespeed:  I am confused?

How does AZtrackdays, as written, make you think I might be referring to the excellent group of individuals at TEAM ARIZONA?

www.AZtrackdays.com is what I have been referring to. ;)