News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

What class is best for me?

Started by Over-ReActor, February 10, 2009, 10:47:54 PM

Over-ReActor

After being allowed out of the institution, without supervision, I have decided to race again.  So, get out of my way or I'll crash you.

What class would a 45 year old, 6' 3" , 220# very slow person have the most fun in?  How slow you ask?  When I crash it looks like I fell off the kick stand. I crashed once on the back stretch of Road Atlanta and didn't scratch the paint. I don't carry enough speed to have to wear leathers.

What should I ride?  I mini bike?

Seriously,  I like that SV650, but I'm fat. Any suggestions?

Rick Johnson 29

Rick Johnson
Expert 29, ASRA 291, Wera 29
2011 SE Unlimited SS Champ                                                               
2011 2nd MA GTO,UnlimitedSB,SS,GP                                                   08 Suzuki GSXR 1000

GSXR RACER MIKE

Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Woofentino Pugrossi

Rob
CCS MW#14 EX, ASRA #141
CCSForums Cornerworking and Classifieds Mod

erock768

usgpru 125. you can hang out with all the old over weight guys on tiny bikes. there is only one diference though, those guys are fast.
Eric Moore Racing LLC
CCS / USGPRU  Ex # 768
diesel killer

Shenanigans

ORA are you serious or is this the dogs posting again? if serious, ride the 1k in CORC.

spyderchick

Alexa Krueger
Spyder Leatherworks
www.spyderleatherworks.com
www.redflagfund.org
Do or do not, there is no "try".

123user

If you got the cash, you should just buy one of those two-up rides with Ulrich.  But seriously, If that GSXR bicycle was painted yellow it'd probably be too fast for you.  

EX_#76

Quote from: Over-ReActor on February 10, 2009, 10:47:54 PM
After being allowed out of the institution, without supervision, I have decided to race again.  So, get out of my way or I'll crash you.

What class would a 45 year old, 6' 3" , 220# very slow person have the most fun in?  How slow you ask?  When I crash it looks like I fell off the kick stand. I crashed once on the back stretch of Road Atlanta and didn't scratch the paint. I don't carry enough speed to have to wear leathers.

What should I ride?  I mini bike?

Seriously,  I like that SV650, but I'm fat. Any suggestions?

Don't let you size determine what you ride.  I have witnessed riders well over 200 pounds do very well on small bikes.  I would think about how much money you will spend on racing a given bike for the fun you will receive in return.  If you really do not care about where you finish then just ride a bike that is enjoyable to be on.

An SV is a very forgiving bike to ride, and for that reason they can be allot of fun to ride.  There have been a few of the larger fellas that have went to a Buell or a Ducati DS 1000 in the light weight classes to take advantage of the extra torque to level the field with the lighter competitors (Don Cook) and it seems to have fit them and their riding style.

that's just my 2 cents

Guy
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

123user

Quote from: EX_#76 on February 24, 2009, 01:50:45 PM
  I there have been a few of the larger fellas that have went to a Buell or a Ducati DS 1000 in the light weight classes to take advantage of the extra torque to level the field with the lighter competitors (Don Cook) and it seems to have fit them and their riding style.

that's just my 2 cents

Guy

As one of the "larger fellas" I can attest:  If I didn't have a small fortune in my 1000ds, I'd be back on the Hawk.  There used to be a saying about how its more fun to ride a slow bike fast that ride a fast bike slow.  So true!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: spyderchick on February 24, 2009, 11:10:35 AMIs that photochopped or is it for sale somewhere?

Ask MJ, he sent me that photo some time ago.
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Gixxerblade

Don't let ORA fool you. he has been known to do 1:30 ish range at Road Atlanta IIRC.