News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Water Wetter

Started by Team Spalding, September 07, 2008, 02:43:53 PM

Team Spalding

What ratio of water to waterwetter is best?
Joel Spalding
CCS & ASRA #36

Sponsors: Michelin, Ducati Of Indy, Wife Cindy, Held Gloves, Southeast Sales.

dylanfan53

Bottle says 1 ounce (3-4 capfuls) per quart. 
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

Quote from: dylanfan53 on September 07, 2008, 03:12:48 PM
Bottle says 1 ounce (3-4 capfuls) per quart. 
Per quart of water.

:D

Whatcha got, Joel?
Super Dave

dylanfan53

He's putting a radiator on his Buell.  Everyone's doing it.  Didn't you know about that mod?  Get busy.  We expect to see it completed by the next BHF.  ::)
Don Cook
CCS #53

Super Dave

I thought we were filling the tires with water this week.   :banghead:
Super Dave

GSXR RACER MIKE

Quote from: Super Dave on September 07, 2008, 10:29:40 PMI thought we were filling the tires with water this week.   :banghead:

Actually filling them with Mercury is the HOT TICKET!!!!!  :biggrin:
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

Super Dave

Super Dave

lil_thorny

Quote from: Super Dave on September 08, 2008, 07:45:33 AM

OMG...

Where did you find that old picture of your first love?
What you don't see is that Freddie is wearing Dave's leather chaps!

Scotty Ryan

When I used to run Water Wetter I had at least 2 knowledgeable engine builders tell me to use 2X the recommended amount... I know Mark Stiles uses 2X the amount..... I think it has something to do with reducing the effect that regular water has on the cylinder liners.....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

Noidly1

Just be sure to fill with Distilled water. Tap water has metals, lime and other impurities that cause corrosion.
'08 R6, CCSGP44EX

benprobst

Quote from: Chit Nuts on September 08, 2008, 02:37:10 PM
When I used to run Water Wetter I had at least 2 knowledgeable engine builders tell me to use 2X the recommended amount... I know Mark Stiles uses 2X the amount..... I think it has something to do with reducing the effect that regular water has on the cylinder liners.....

+ 1, I normally just use a whole bottle per system flush. The less water running through the heads and thermo stat is a plus for me. On the bottle it says anything more than the recomended amount wont provide additional cooling, however like said the more you use the more it can treat the system. IMO.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565

benprobst

Quote from: Noidly1 on September 08, 2008, 03:29:24 PM
Just be sure to fill with Distilled water. Tap water has metals, lime and other impurities that cause corrosion.

Most of the time yes, however, certain types of pure aluminum radiators will be damaged if you run distilled water.
BP Performance_Team Dreaded_Motul_Michelin Tires_SLU Machine_Midwest Cafe Racing_FastbyEnrico_Outlaw Kustomz_BS Design
Home of the GSXR 565