New Lap Time Viewer Teaser Screen-Caps

Started by Russell2566, July 08, 2008, 02:40:29 PM

Russell2566

I've been working on a new version of the lap time viewer. I've spoken and gotten help from Scott who runs the current one as well as several people from CCS including Kevin and Art Staples. It seems like everyone is excited about the new app and I hope you guys are as well.

I've taken a couple days off since tearing some stuff your not suppose to in my shoulder from crashing in T4 at Summit Point this weekend so the new version going live schedule will be a little behind, but I figured I would amp up you guys (and my self) by posting a couple screen captures for you guys/gals to poke at. I am not a designer, I am a Software Developer, if there are any usability issues I will work with people going forward to make things as user friendly as possible.

In the future, there will also be error reporting and feature requests that will be accessible to everyone....

Existing Features that will be available on go-live

• View Lap Times for every event and race that exist in the current system and everything going forward
  • Compare lap times for riders in the current event; no matter class and up to 8(1) riders.
  • Sign up, and have instant access / quick links to every event and race you've ever competed in(2).
  • Fun facts about a session/race, including fastest lap, fastest avg lap, winner gap(3) and average overall laptime

General Race Results for a Summit Point GTO Race.

Comparing several riders from the race including 3 experts and an amateur (me #613)

Comparing 6 riders from a VIR race

(1) Subject to later adjustment
(2) Against existing data which is not all inclusive since CCS's existence.
(3) Except for practice sessions

gixxer188

Looks great!  The current website version doesn't work at all, in either Firefox or IE6/7.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

HAWK

Select your race then click the "view all competitors times" button and you can wade through everyones times from that race.
Paul Onley
CCS Midwest EX #413

Gixxerblade

Amateur not Amature.
Looks great though! I am excited about this one. The other one was OK but hard to use.

cbr600_mj

Is there a reason why the Formula 40  lap times Race at RA on Sunday was put on the Website ?

I looked and they do have it for Sat but not Sunday.

Will it be added, the Sunday Race times for Fromula 40?

Thanks,

Mike

r1owner

Quote from: cbr600_mj on July 08, 2008, 05:07:03 PM
Is there a reason why the Formula 40  lap times Race at RA on Sunday was put on the Website ?

I looked and they do have it for Sat but not Sunday.

Will it be added, the Sunday Race times for Fromula 40?

Thanks,

Mike

You need to email CCS if you want that information put up on the site.

Great job Russ!  Site looks awesome.

Burt Munro

Looking Good!

Very, very small idea........ how about having the Amateur # plates appear in a Yellow font to differentiate them from the Expert lap times.

Like I said, LOOKS GOOD!    :thumb:
Founding member of the 10,000+ smite club.  Ask me how you can join!

GSXR RACER MIKE

Looking good!

I also have a couple suggestions, in the 2nd and 3rd examples you have alternating light gray highlighted lines with white numbers, I think black numbers would be much easier to read while still maintaining the staggered background colors every other line (like you have it now).  :thumb:

The other thought I had was the ability to see the order people crossed the finish line for ANY or EVERY lap and possibly a time gap between the leader and each person that lap at the line expressed in a negative value.

For example:

*****Lap 3*****
(1st)       #11     (Leader)
(2nd)      #12     (-.285)
(3rd)       #13     (-.567)
(4th)       #14     (-1.123)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

rogers1323

I think the last part would become hard to sort out after anyone got lapped.  Or if any AM's were working their way through the EX field in a combined race.  But what you're talking about is like how the AMA website posts the lap by lap chart.

Russell2566

Thanks GSXR RACER MIKE for the coloring suggestion. The screen shots I took are off a staging server which is currently multiple version old, so there are a number of upgrades and changes that might not be reflected in the screen shot.

That said, I'm guessing there will be multiple small readability and usability changes after go-live of which I'll be depending on you guys to help me with.

As to the greater detail on the race results... I have a large amount of data available to me to use. however, I've chosen a balanced amount of data to show in order to keep the feature set high, yet keep performance high as well. I could add much more detail to the rider comparison page in retrospect and I will look at adding some more information to that feature. The better things go though, the bigger the servers get and the more features you can get :)

I have some really cool features I don't want to talk about that are more of a next season type of release; but they are REALLY cool. And since I don't like to do anything small, I'm definitely looking to take MyLaps.com down about 5 notches and grow past just CCS and maybe even past Motorcycles. Who knows, I'm always aggressive in my goals.

gixxer188

Quote from: HAWK on July 08, 2008, 04:48:46 PM
Select your race then click the "view all competitors times" button and you can wade through everyones times from that race.
Exactly my point, it doesn't work.  I knew I could do that but don't want to wade through everyone's times.
MadisonSBK.com Online Store
MadisonSBK Racing - Owner/Racer
2012 CCS Midwest Regional Formula 40 Champion
2012 Blackhawk Farms Raceway Formula 40 Track Champion

Eye-p

Just wanted to say thank you for taking this project on.

I don't know that many people appreciate how expensive something like this would be, if it were being done for profit. 

Quote from: Russell2566 on July 08, 2008, 02:40:29 PM
I've been working on a new version of the lap time viewer. I've spoken and gotten help from Scott who runs the current one as well as several people from CCS including Kevin and Art Staples. It seems like everyone is excited about the new app and I hope you guys are as well.

I've taken a couple days off since tearing some stuff your not suppose to in my shoulder from crashing in T4 at Summit Point this weekend so the new version going live schedule will be a little behind, but I figured I would amp up you guys (and my self) by posting a couple screen captures for you guys/gals to poke at. I am not a designer, I am a Software Developer, if there are any usability issues I will work with people going forward to make things as user friendly as possible.

In the future, there will also be error reporting and feature requests that will be accessible to everyone....

Existing Features that will be available on go-live

• View Lap Times for every event and race that exist in the current system and everything going forward
  • Compare lap times for riders in the current event; no matter class and up to 8(1) riders.
  • Sign up, and have instant access / quick links to every event and race you've ever competed in(2).
  • Fun facts about a session/race, including fastest lap, fastest avg lap, winner gap(3) and average overall laptime

General Race Results for a Summit Point GTO Race.

Comparing several riders from the race including 3 experts and an amateur (me #613)

Comparing 6 riders from a VIR race

(1) Subject to later adjustment
(2) Against existing data which is not all inclusive since CCS's existence.
(3) Except for practice sessions

Jason Levitt
Full Spectrum Power
www.speed-cell.com