Paging Mr. Aaron Bappe

Started by JonGu, July 07, 2008, 08:24:43 AM

JonGu

Hey man, just wanted to check up to see how you were doing after that crash. I'm so sorry that I collected you in that one and got you injured, the medical crew wouldn't let me hobble over there to check how you were doing but they told me you probably broke your leg again :( I don't know how it really happened but from what I remember it was 100% my fault for following you too close in T14, I was planning on following your line and getting a draft on you for the straight but you braked earlier than I expected and well... you know the rest. I gotta say, it felt pretty damned sickening to be tossed in the air 9 or 10 feet above the ground wondering how the landing is going to feel, but worse to look over and see ya holding your leg like that. I hope it's not too bad, if I could trade my injuries for yours I would. I made it out with just bruises all over my right side and sprained my hip badly enough that I probably won't be able to walk right for a week or so, which is really amazing considering what happened  :banghead:

Again sorry for ruining your weekend and maybe your whole season :( and getting you injured, I've never been asspacked before but I can imagine I wouldn't be very happy about it. If there's anything I can do lemme know (well almost anything  :spank:)
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

hernan52

Aaron,
I was one of the guys who loaded Jon's trailer. (he couldn't move) and I can assure you that he was all the time asking for you and being sick about rearing you.

I hope you get well soon

Hernan
LW #619
You don't stop laughing because you grow old.
You grow old because you stop laughing.

amy-ccsstaff

I spoke with Aaron a little bit this morning on the phone.  He has a compound fracture of his tib/fib that they did surgery on yesterday and put back together.  He also has a cracked pelvis.   He is not sure how long he is going to be in the hospital for seeing as he is from Kansas, but his family is here with him.  Sara and I are planning on going to see him possibly Wednesday when he is a little less drugged up so I will be able to let you all know more then.

Please send out well wishes to Aaron and his family so he can get out and back to Kansas and start healing so he can get back to the track. 

Getter better soon Aaron.   

Amy

r1owner

JonGu

Ouch, that sounds painful. Glad Aaron didn't suffer any internal injuries at least or anything permanent hopefully
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

jigs

Damn that sucks,get well soon,heal quickly Aaron.

Scotty Ryan

Which hospital is he in? Some info would be cool
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

amy-ccsstaff

He is at St. Nicholas Hospital in Sheybogan, 3100 Superior Ave, Sheybogan WI  53081, Room 429.  You can call him directly at 920-451-7429 or call 1-800-472-6710 and ask for his room.  They suggest it is best to call between 11 a.m. and 8 p.m. 

Hope that helps.

JonGu

The direct phone number is wrong, I think it should end in 7429 based on his room number. The 800 number works though. Sounds like he is doing about as good as can be expected with those injuries.

On another note.... he told me he just happened to have a rear mount camera on for that race. I hear the footage is spectacular... Can't wait to see it on youtube!
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

Tornado Bait

I just spoke to Aaron.  He is going back in for surgery today.  I guess they got him back together, but need to do some follow up.  We were talking with his father shortly after the crash and the main thing on Aaron's mind was whether someone got good footage.  Anyone who knows Aaron will understand that.  The guy is fanatic about documenting motorsports via video and pics.  And he has some pretty good stuff, even made some of us famous.....well sort of.

Hey, Aaron.  We'll get your stuff delivered to Smither's Customs and if there is anything else we can do let us know.  FYI, when we removed your rear camera and loaded your bike I gave it a quick start to see if it still ran.  It blew the dirt and grass out of the exhaust and sounded fine.  But those new tires are barely scuffed in, man I sure hate to see those Dunlops go to waste.  It might be a while before ALL your stuff makes it to Smither's.  :biggrin:
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing

spyder84

Very sorry to hear you guys went down.  Glad you both are OK, relatively speaking.

Aaron, heal up quick buddy.  I hope to see you again very soon.

Jack_Brock

Compound fracture of both bones in the lower leg?! OUCH!!!!  Compound does mean the bones are sticking out of the skin, right?  I know this can cause all kinds of complications, so I pray that Aaron does have a full recovery.
www.caferacerinc.com
GP Expert #914

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy