News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

T14 Crash @ RA, Sunday Race #6 (MWSS)

Started by Ridgeway, July 07, 2008, 07:00:12 AM

Ridgeway

I had a front row seat for the crash in the braking zone for 14 that brought out the red flag.

Looked pretty harsh, both riders ok?
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

JonGu

That was me and Aaron, I posted up some about it here http://www.ccsforum.com/index.php/topic,20878.0.html

Would you mind sharing what happened from your perspective? It happened so fast, all I really remember is seeing Aaron's tail section start to rise up and thinking "oh shit." Next thing I know I was in the air for about 2 or 3 seconds doing flips and thinking "man this is not going to end well."

I got lucky and ended up with very minor injuries, 2 sprained and bruised up ankles, bruises all over my right leg and hip is in so much pain that I can barely walk, but the med staff said that nothing was broken.
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

Ridgeway

I was the pokey expert #18, that you guys passed in or around T12.  As I was coming out of 13, I think I saw your bike impact Aarons and endo, flipping you up into the air.  Maybe your brake lever slammed into Aaron's bike?

As soon as I saw the crash and how much air you caught, I was pretty sure the red flag was on the way out.  I'm glad your injuries weren't too severe.  I hope you both make as quick a recovery as possible.
CCS Midwest EX #18
07 GSX-R600
03 SV650s

agron4

My brother caught the crash.  The pictures are crazy,

Jon you are sooo high, I can't believe you walked away from it.  Sorry for Aaron, I hope he is doing ok.

I'll post some pics when I get a a chance. 

JonGu

There's pics of that crash sequence? Holy crap, I can't wait to see them, now those are pics I will be buying
Jon Gu
CCS AM #276
2006 R6 Blue / Black
2003 SV650 Blue / Silver

KTG

It was probably one of the most amazing things I've seen at the track!  I took my eye off the camera as you guys came up the hill.   I remember you had what seemed like a huge run on Aaron, and thought you were gonna fly right past him.  Then I heard someones engine rev high...And you hit his rear tire directly(I believe), thats when I started shooting.  The first pics aren't tack sharp :wtf:, but show how amazing it was you walked away!  There are a bunch of other pics, but just gonna post a few here.   

Gron4 Photography
Motorsports Photography
www.gron4.com

Sobottka

WOW! Gu, you are soooo lucky!
heal fast Bappe! 
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

Jeff

What a great ad!

"Nothing washes the shit out of your leathers like a Kohler faucet!"
"Cleaning your roadrash since 1914, Kohler!"

and so many more... LOL...  Glad y'all made it through little worse for the wear.
Bucket List:
[X] Get banned from Wera forum
[  ] Walk the Great Wall of China
[X] Visit Mt. Everest

unter_kid

Wow....spectacular crash pics....the last one is a bit gut wrenching seeing Aaron's leg like that though.

Heal up fast guys
Mike Anhalt

r1owner

Wow!  Heal up both of you.....

Great shots Gron!

EX_#76

Quote from: JonGu on July 07, 2008, 01:36:16 PM
There's pics of that crash sequence? Holy crap, I can't wait to see them, now those are pics I will be buying

Holly shit Jon, You are very lucky.  How is the other rider?
Guy Bartz
MW EX #76
Mass Reduction LLC Home of the Grip Doctor

Tornado Bait

It may be a small consolation prize, but I know Aaron appreciates good photog work.  Thanks for sharing.
Speed & Strength, BikeMaster, Vortex, E4S, Tucker Rocky
Cafe Racer Inc.
Tornado Bait Racing