News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

Anyone Boycotting French products?

Started by duc995@aol.com, March 12, 2003, 06:48:41 AM

Super Dave

QuoteBy the way, if no one noticed, China didn't support the resolution and also threatened veto as well. Does that mean some of you resolve to not buy anything that is made in China?

I try not to buy things from China because money that goes to China directly supports the People Republic Army which oppresses the people of China.
Super Dave

Super Dave

Quotethe only problem I have with the current call for war is the fact that Bush openly announced that UN's decision doesn't matter. I totally support the call for war, and think that Iraq should be occupied and made into a oil supply territory, but I just think there should be another way to go about this.

How about we send some people over to your house and decide that it should be a grain bin and that you should work in it for nothing?  Iraq is its own free standing community.  Why would you even dare to put your will on another community and take it's resources?  

The UN's decision does not matter because sometimes you have to do things that are right in the face of opposition.  

I am still waiting for someone to justify Saddam's remaining in Iraq.  I hear a lot of whinning that we shouldn't go to war there, but no reason why not.  And no solutions that haven't already failed.

We are not going to Iraq to take the oil.

We are going there to stop a madman and his henchmen.  The world will be a safer place.  The Iraqi people will feel a whole lot better not having to worry about being raped or butchered, having family members delievered home in a bag in pieces, or to morn the loss of whole families that suffered immensely during a chemical weapon attack.

Seems that few in the world can find the balls to do it.

If that makes George W Bush a Cowboy, I guess I'm in too.

Super Dave

Lowe119

I'm not boycotting my brand new AFAM drivetrain that I just installed. I kind of like it - even though it says Made in France.

If you're going to boycot anything made in france, then you should boycot anything made in Madison, WI. Every other day there is a group of disneyland/star trek loving hippies saying how war is wrong. Sure, war is bad, but it is necessary when you have tyrants that would do anything to see our county wiped out.

Just because France's political views are screwed, doesn't mean everyone in the country is bad. I spent some military time with some french in Saudi and they weren't that bad  ;)