Anyone Boycotting French products?

Started by duc995@aol.com, March 12, 2003, 06:48:41 AM

TZDeSioux

Quoteremember that the french know what war is

yeah... putting up the white flag and waiting for Americans to help.

SliderPhoto

Time for a little levity, at the expense of the French of course.  ;D

mj

Quoteyeah... putting up the white flag and waiting for Americans to help.

show your bravery, if you are not too old

enlist in the army or marines

combat arms..infantry....

after you kill some of the sob's in iraq

then call the french cowards

TZDeSioux

Quoteyou better start worring about china before the have your head on a stick

if that ever happens.. i'm sure we'll have to bail out the french yet again.

mj

Thanks Jack !!!!

we all luv ya !!!!

the best photog in the world !!! ;D

TZDeSioux

Quoteshow your bravery, if you are not too old

enlist in the army or marines

combat arms..infantry....

after you kill some of the sob's in iraq

then call the french cowards

So.. unless I've walked the walk... don't talk the talk right? So I guess you were in France during D day and saw the french fighting so valiantly against the germans eh?

corien

no more french fries, ok i can live with that. no more michelin tires, no problemo. but no more french kisses? no way!

corien
in support of all the cheese eating surrender monkeys of the world ;D

GSXR RACER MIKE

Such a tough call to make, especially after so many Americans wanted someones head on a plate for not having preventatively stopped 9-11 before it ever happened. Now we have the opportunity to act before another catastrophy of even greater magnitude happens to the U.S., terrible things such as a biological, chemical, or nuclear attack on us. These are all weapons of mass destruction that Iraq either has or is seeking to obtain, all of which are at the disposal of a loose cannon of a leader that has decieved the world before and is doing it again. How many lies have already been uncovered and how many do people need to see? The intent of these weapons is not for defense, but for offense. I can only assume that those people that are against preventative action would much rather have one of the previously mentioned weapons used against us before reacting against an aggressor?
     We have reached a point in history where one person can kill millions thru their own personal action. Never before in all of history (prior to the 20th century) has any one individual had so much destructive capability. In this type of situation you don't get any real warning or a second chance, just sudden mass destruction out of the blue.
     Mabey 9-11 didn't give enough of an exclamation point to the intent of individuals wishing to harm the U.S.? Mabey those that oppose Bush's actions would rather let us be attacked again before doing anything about it, but next time will probably kill millions instead of thousands and quite possibly render parts of the U.S. unihabitable for centuries to come.
     If Iraq has nothing to hide, do you think they would oppose a U.N. coallition of 1000's to search their country for weapons? I bet they would never allow that to happen even if completely controlled by the U.N.
     As far as the deal with France goes, I think that if they want us to fend for ourselves that this is a two way street and I suppose they can fend for themselves in the future, militarily and finacially.
     I would love to hear a reasonable explanation as to what is enough of a violation and what isn't? If your caught stealing the court isn't as concerned with what you stole as it is with if your guilty or not. We have already seen violations, what else do we need?
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

chris_chops

QuoteI am planning on ending my sponsorship with Motul and Michelin due to France being the country of origen.  This is due to France's cowardess and lack of UN support for the US (the ones who saved them during WWII!).  Any one else ready to step up?
Aprilia belongs to a former axis power of the WWII era that had no problem with Hitler.  Michelins work great on big twins. :D :o :P :-/ ;) :) :D :D :( ::) ??? 8) 8) :( :( :o ??? ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
 ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)
Matt (I love everybody, evil people too) Carr

dryheat

I appreciate everyone's opinion, but as for boycotting... I'm not going to let local (re:American) business owners suffer because of a country lack of support for a war. I certinitly am not going to get into the whole philosophical discussion of who's right and who's wrong and the virtues of war. That's a debate that has raged before I was born and will long after i'm gone. :-X

I run Michelins, I like Michelins, there's a race in the SW this weekend and I'll be buying Michelins. The person that supplies them at the races (Dale at Racers Edge) would be the one that suffers... not France.

duc995@aol.com

Patrick:

I agree with you.  This is the only "fly in the ointment".  I do not want to hurt the local business man...but...he should probably also be discontinuing his support of these products as well.  Tough call...but its got to start somewhere.  The consumer has to speak up when they are unsatisfied...just like the voters.

K3 Chris Onwiler

Call me a pinko commie flag hating traitor, but if someone wanted to give me maybe 20 sets of free Michilins, I'd be running them.  France?  Can you hear me? ;D

Incidentally, I DID just cancel my order for the Bugatti Supercar that I wanted.  I guess I'll just have to get a "Me Too" Ferrari instead... ;)
The frame was snapped, the #3 rod was dangling from a hole in the cases, and what was left had been consumed by fire.  I said, "Hey, we've got all night!"
Read HIGHSIDE! @ http://www.chrisonwiler.com