News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ANYONE HAVE R6 "06" Ride Height specs?

Started by catman, January 30, 2008, 04:28:46 PM

Team_Serpent

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on February 08, 2008, 10:31:28 AM
I will say that it was a general consensus that the rear shock was to long. Everyone that went fast on an 06R6 that I know of had a Graves rear shock lowering clevis and had the forks pushed waaay into the triples!!!! And I'm talking with the longer 25mm Ohlins kit. Otherwise I couldn't get any feel out of the front end - problem is the bike lacks trail stock... Yamaha supposedly addressed this issue for 08.

Don't we know each other?

I'm pretty sure I was riding an 06R6....... I guess I'm just a slow old fart.

Tested the Graves clevis but did not end up sticking with it.  At most tracks the length of my shock was slightly longer that stock.

catman

I gotta say - trying to help out my buddy is paying off nicely! You guys are teaching some vital and interesting setup facts while applying it all to actual on track "feel" of the bike- it is drawing many views because people wanna know! THANKS Guys- I am gaining some useful info-I likely speak for others is MY bet!

Sobottka

Quote from: Team_Serpent on February 21, 2008, 11:21:56 AM

Tested the Graves clevis but did not end up sticking with it.  At most tracks the length of my shock was slightly longer that stock.
I too must be one of the slow guys... I didnt use the clevis and my shock was set at stock length with the fork caps flush (+10 mm extentions)
Lithium Motorsports
Suspension Solutions
http://www.facebook.com/team.chouffe

r1owner

EVERYTHING on my 06 is stock.  :(  I can't seem to tell what the front end is doing though.  Any word of advice for that?

Team_Serpent

Quote from: sobottka on February 21, 2008, 05:16:51 PM
I too must be one of the slow guys... I didnt use the clevis and my shock was set at stock length with the fork caps flush (+10 mm extentions)

Maybe he doesn't know you  :biggrin:

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: Team_Serpent on February 21, 2008, 11:21:56 AM
Don't we know each other?

I think we may have met a couple times :)

But I am going to say that I know this to be true - A setup that works for one persons riding style - isn't necessarily going to work for someone else..... I guess I should have posted that earlier....

The way I ride a bike is different then Jason - I know that from riding with him and talking with him and his dad.... The clevis worked for me - but then again I can never get enough trail out of the bike.....
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

resurection

I made this gadget for measuring eye to eye very affordable

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: CATMAN on February 21, 2008, 08:09:43 AM
I mostly wish you a safe season(like everybody) and think you're talent is well backed by your friendly and supportive parents- We got some nice pics with them at Daytona that we have saved! Whatever your season entails Good Luck- AMA#24 - KOOOOL!

Looks like the 200 is a go for me - as long as all the parts show up tomorrow.... I still don't understand why Daytona is so early in the year tho - trying to get all the parts for new bikes is not an easy task.....Not to mention trying to get the bikes together..... Luckily I have a good crew of guys helping to make it happen.....

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: r1owner on February 21, 2008, 06:34:09 PM
EVERYTHING on my 06 is stock.  :(  I can't seem to tell what the front end is doing though.  Any word of advice for that?

As I posted earlier - I would suggest a lack of trail.... I know that I sound like a broken record..... Is your front end bone stock also??? The right springs might get you what you are looking for...

resurection

Are guys thread jacking? lets set some shocks .

r1owner

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on February 22, 2008, 01:07:41 AM
As I posted earlier - I would suggest a lack of trail.... I know that I sound like a broken record..... Is your front end bone stock also??? The right springs might get you what you are looking for...

Yep everything is stock.  I already ordered the clevis to give it a try.

Team_Serpent

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on February 22, 2008, 01:00:46 AM

But I am going to say that I know this to be true - A setup that works for one persons riding style - isn't necessarily going to work for someone else

Agreed

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on February 22, 2008, 01:00:46 AM- but then again I can never get enough trail out of the bike.....

Hey, maybe you should race a chopper  :biggrin: