News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

ANYONE HAVE R6 "06" Ride Height specs?

Started by catman, January 30, 2008, 04:28:46 PM

resurection

That,s not to bad (great photo some of you guys can make this computator thing real go)
looks like alot of metal removal and the metric threads are no fun on a standard lathe .
I 'll be glad to copy and modify the new piece to your liking .I will need a sample .
Please contact me at resurrection03@hotmail com

Scotty Ryan

I don't have any phoyos of the clevis. Basically the Graves unit was just a compact shortened version on the stock piece. If I recall correctly it was 10mm shorter - but it also came with shims so that you could raise the rear back to stock if you wanted. Raising the front of the bike helped - but once you raised the front to a certin point you started loosing feel. Personaly myself I can't get enough trail - I will run as much as I can reasonably get out of a bike. It all comes down to feel.
"MMMM - Fork Oil For Breakfast"

61 or 61 X - Which will it be??

mikendzel

Would lowering the rear make the bike turn slower? 

My 07 R6 is already a bit on the slow side.  It's completely stock except the bodywork and tires.

Scotty Ryan

It makes the bike a bit slower to change direction... But the trade off is well worth it in my book....Having a stable chassis that has more feel is more important to me then having a quick turning bike.....You can always change your riding to make the bike turn - but you can't change yourself to make the bike have more feel... So I suggest building up a bit more muscle and using your legs a bit more to help turn the bike..... I wasn't able to see the pic that tstruyk had posted earlier because I was using my phone to post on the site - but now that I am looking at the pic it is exactly what we ran....

Super Dave

The Graves clevis effectively made the shock length 3.5mm shorter.  There's not a lot of room there.

Turn slower?  That R6 turned very fast.  Again, we've visited the trail issues.  That's what it improves.  Talk to your chassis guys to get a better handle on things.
Super Dave

Scotty Ryan

Dave's right - the bike turned to fast for my liking - it turned in so fast that it was hard to to get the bike to hold a proper line. So for me the Graves clevis helped tons in that respect. But Dave is right - find someone that you can trust and have them set the bike up with you. It will save you headach and money in the long run.

tstruyk

clevis and spring rate where critical in my set up.  once i get her back together i'll be tucking the tubes in the trips a bit... its was WORLDS better but still not quite "right" when she let go...

CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

r1owner

Quote from: SCOTTY727 on February 15, 2008, 12:13:33 PM
Dave's right - the bike turned to fast for my liking - it turned in so fast that it was hard to to get the bike to hold a proper line. So for me the Graves clevis helped tons in that respect. But Dave is right - find someone that you can trust and have them set the bike up with you. It will save you headach and money in the long run.

Did the clevis also give you better feedback?  I'm finding that I lowsided twice last year and seem to be getting little warning that it's going to happen (granted once it was in the rain).

Super Dave

Yes.  Add's trail to the chassis.  Very basic set up parameter.
Super Dave

catman

Dave scotty and all- This helps- I am going to get this guys bike to ken@superbikeitalia- when he is at Pocono Raceway with STT this summer- I used him to get my suspension back in order last year and K3 rode it exclaiming it feels great- This buddy of mine is Paul HarrisWera EXpert lifetime # 39  NE - an ole expert that  just rode the pants off what he was riding over the years, no doubt he can ride but you all have all  that and studied what works earlier on in  yourcareers- He makes me feel like a fast learner,he got me started 6 yrs ago and I am steering him to better handling- I am hopefully back this season part time- having third and hopefully final shoulder repair/ (replacement this time) in a week or so- hope to be exercised enough for first ccs round at summit point in early May! almost 3 seasons OFF Now I am hungry!  AGAIN You guys helped here- Scotty - I hope you frighten the ole hats at the  Daytona 200 again  this year- I cant go but remember your stellar 1st time there last year,will never forget your talent...cat

Scotty Ryan

Quote from: CATMAN on February 17, 2008, 09:52:02 PM
Dave scotty and all- This helps- I am going to get this guys bike to ken@superbikeitalia- when he is at Pocono Raceway with STT this summer- I used him to get my suspension back in order last year and K3 rode it exclaiming it feels great- This buddy of mine is Paul HarrisWera EXpert lifetime # 39  NE - an ole expert that  just rode the pants off what he was riding over the years, no doubt he can ride but you all have all  that and studied what works earlier on in  yourcareers- He makes me feel like a fast learner,he got me started 6 yrs ago and I am steering him to better handling- I am hopefully back this season part time- having third and hopefully final shoulder repair/ (replacement this time) in a week or so- hope to be exercised enough for first ccs round at summit point in early May! almost 3 seasons OFF Now I am hungry!  AGAIN You guys helped here- Scotty - I hope you frighten the ole hats at the  Daytona 200 again  this year- I cant go but remember your stellar 1st time there last year,will never forget your talent...cat

Glad to help - and thanks a ton for the words of encouragement.... Things are kinda up in the air for the 200(as much as I would like to race the 200 again) - I have a deal in the works and I will know tomorrow if i'm going to be racing it..... Regardless of that deal - I will still be racing the Moto-St stuff for SpeedWerks... Gotta repeat the 8hr win - with a win in the 3 hr :) I will be running some AMA(Road America,Mid-Ohio and Road Atlanta) this season with 4&6 - not the whole season tho.... And there is a good chance that you will see me running some SuperBike at the AMA's  - That's right - I got a license to run Superbike this season.... Other then that I will mostly be competing for Kawaskai money this year with 4&6 Racing again - Midwest and East coast stuff..... I'll try to keep you updated....

catman

I mostly wish you a safe season(like everybody) and think you're talent is well backed by your friendly and supportive parents- We got some nice pics with them at Daytona that we have saved! Whatever your season entails Good Luck- AMA#24 - KOOOOL!