News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

I'm not a hunter...

Started by Super Dave, November 16, 2007, 04:30:10 PM

Super Dave

So, I'm trying to prepare the garage for winter.  Not something that people south have a huge problem with. 

Here in Wisconsin, southern Wisconsin, it was 21 degrees this morning when I got up.  Certainly, colder in other places.

Anyway, I've got some projects to work on.  I want to get my little bike ready for the ice, I want to get our littler bike ready for the ice, I'd like to have my H1 set up as a rolling chassis before spring, I've got another bike to get ready for 2008, and I have decisions to make about the SV1000...
.....shameless plug.....
A couple years ago, I built a simple wall with my simple skills of carpentry so that I had a single stall separated to work on bike stuff.  Additionally, I could keep a tiny bit of heat in there to keep from freezing.  Over time, that area becomes a dumping ground for parts for the bus, trailer, bikes, school stuff, used engine oil, and other car stuff. 

I had bought some plastic shelf thingies to store stuff.  They are inexpensive, and they are easy to assemble.  I had a couple of inexpensive wall cabinet kits, but I didn't put them together until recently.  After I put them up, I loved them.  First, they are white.  So, they reflect some light.  Next, I set the bottoms of the cabinets so that they are up high enough that bikes fit underneath them.  That can work a couple ways.  One, storage.  Like the H1 or the TTR125 ice bike.  They just sit often times.  But they need to be out of the way.  With the plastic things, well, they take up floor space.  I'm really happy so far with the results.

Today, I finished putting in my cheap reflective material for the ceiling.  That will hold in the heat that I have and keep the light in rather than letting it bounce up into the garage rafters.

Anyone else making plans?
Super Dave

tstruyk

I'm going to the hockey game, then gettin all hopped up and makin some bad decisions...

Tomorrow consulting at a JR Volleyball tryout (coached for 10 years) then showing my truck to a potential buyer... sunday watchin some football
CCS GP/ASRA  #85
2010 Sponsors: Lithium Motorsports, Probst Brothers Racing, Suspension Solutions, Pirelli, SBS, Vortex

"It is incredible what a rider filled with irrational desire can accomplish"

Court Jester

With all the talk of a small room that off to the side, holds heat, and reflects light it's sounding like you're getting into indoor agriculture. 
I'll be sleeping till about noon on Saturday, changing the tires on the 929 (which is for sale... hint, hint, hint), going for a couple hour hooliganist ride, then hooking up with a friend for a night on the town. And Sunday I'm taking my son to the Packers game. 
CCS# 469
WWW.SUPERBIKESUNLIMITED.COM

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "WOOOHOOO! What a freaken ride"

Super Dave

LOL!  I know stuff about corn, but that's it.  And I don't know much about that either.
Super Dave

r1owner

This thread is worthless without pics!

chaplain220

I dont know bout the pics... still explaining to my boss about the last ones posted on superdave's thread!  Okay, maybe it was just a "link", but I took the bait.  This winter, gym, back to the 250 club, almost there. Bike, pretty well set up, need more saddle time.  Work, get extra OT to pay for toys, dream about retiring and try not to get shot at or run over again...or get pulled over for speeding on the bike anymore. Family, haulin em to Florida in Jan for a much needed vacation, kids deserve some quality time and Momma wants baby#4.

RCR_531

Art what is this baby #4 at your age. My three year old is kicking my butt,and I am only half your age. He is nothing like the older two.
Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

RCR_531

Rodney LeQuia

Biggs Motorsports  RCR Kawasaki  SBS Vortex  Conti
Lithum Motorsports

gpz11

Well, my 51 is in many pieces spread out across the garage. The shock is already at Traxxion getting refreshed.

The motor is sitting on the lift in many pieces. We're going to do some freshening up and look for some HP. Also since I'll be playing with the experts next year, a little more HP can't hurt.

All the bodywork is sitting down at RRP getting all pretty like with white plates.

Also made up some captive spacers for the rear wheel.

GSXR RACER MIKE

I'm going to find a way to remove that VP MR9 (that now resembles maple syrup) out of my bikes gas tank that I left in there from the last BFR event! ::)
Smites are a cowards way of feeling brave!   :jerkoff:
Mike Williams - 2 GSXR 750's
Former MW Region Expert #58
Racing exclusively with CCS since '96

backMARKr

Both SVs pretty much in pieces:

(1)waiting for the new motor to come for the '99,
(2)already been to Lonny's makin' parts,
(3)subframes and bodywork to fab for both SVs
(4)tank and ram air coming from Guy for the '99, fabbin tank for the '02
(5)trying desperately to get in better shape ( Kyle assures me it won't hurt so much when I crash!)
(6)Alexa's fixing and cleaning my leathers
(7) Finishing up the dropped ceiling in the shop
(8 ) Running new ductwork for the paintbooth
(9) Painting every race bike we can get in the shop ( DETAILS COMING SOON ON THIS!)
(10)AND I SEEM TO BE SURROUNDED BY RC51 Bodywork....:ahhh:

PLUS ( I blame you Dave ) Just redid the garage, etc today....but the cool thing is GOT A HUSKY 610 SM to ride for a while to put in there :biggrin: ( NOOO PVD...CANNOT ICE RACE IT!!)

NFC Racin',Woodcraft, Pitbull,M4, SUDCO,Bridgestone
WERA #13

Super Dave

No ice riding?  Then there's no reason to have it.   :finger:

:biggrin: :biggrin:
Super Dave