News:

New Round added to ASRA schedule: VIR North Course

Main Menu

How much for that # plate sir?

Started by skimp, April 17, 2002, 09:03:16 PM

CBRman93

I wouldn't say they are faster overall but on their home track yes. I would say anyone who has raced their whole life at one track should be able to beat anyone if they have the right gear and setup. you got to think that those non-factory guys winning are the ones who will be factory guys in the next few years.

Speedballer347

QuoteDoes that mean the Japanese privateers at Sugo that beat the factory riders are faster than the factory guys?  ???
When the national guys come to our local track, they go faster than the local fast-guys.
If I beat a guy at my local track, then I beat him.
If someone beats me at a track I don't know as well, I got beat.  

CCS #347 expert, MW/GP, GSXR1000
JoJo Bits, HighSpeedAssault.com, WickedStickers.com, GNO Kneesliders, WFO-Motorsports IL, ImageX Photography, Royalty Racing

Eric Kelcher

Privateer??? ah when is the Japanese Honda Squad (Cabin) a privateer team? Wildcard entry yes but not a privateer. Same as when the AMA factory teams run the Laguna Seca round of WSB.
Eric Kelcher
ASRA/CCS Director of Competition

GKing

Arguments like this make the performance index CCS is using more valid.  If you haven't seen the index it's with the points totals.  This takes the "you ran more races than I did" out of it.  It is an index of how you did when you were on the track in that class.  Check it out. ::)

LAG

Jeff: we all take criticism for some reason or another...being the fastest rider, being the slowest rider, making a mistake on the track, braking too early/too late...you name it!!!!  That's something we all have to remember and learn to keep our thoughts and feelings in check.  Don't take that kind of anger out on the track!  That would be the worst thing you could do.

Glad to see you apologized...Have a safe, fun and relaxed season.

Laura